Reload this Page >

Moving to Geelong - We Got It

Moving to Geelong - We Got It

Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:29 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Glenn2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Geelong - We Got It

Hi,

We got the spouse visa yesterday, despite the health problems we thought might prevent it.

We're now looking to move to Geelong in July, where I was brought up. As it was a long time ago, don't really know what to expect. Looked through rental properties which shouldn't be a problem, but unsure as to whether there are office jobs (for my wife) in Geelong, or whether we'd need to look closer to Melbourne.

She is currently an office manager in a large multi-national company, who unfortunately don't have any offices in Australia.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Glenn
Old Feb 15th 2004, 8:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Geelong - We Got It

Originally posted by Glenn2003
Hi,

We got the spouse visa yesterday, despite the health problems we thought might prevent it.

We're now looking to move to Geelong in July, where I was brought up. As it was a long time ago, don't really know what to expect. Looked through rental properties which shouldn't be a problem, but unsure as to whether there are office jobs (for my wife) in Geelong, or whether we'd need to look closer to Melbourne.

She is currently an office manager in a large multi-national company, who unfortunately don't have any offices in Australia.

Glenn
Hi Glenn,
Do a search for a recent thread "Info about Geelong please".
I put a link to a Geelong website in that thread but can't remember if it had any work info.
Even if it hasn't you may find it useful.

Old Feb 15th 2004, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

english is an unknown quantity at this point

well chuffed for you.................
Old Feb 15th 2004, 10:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Glenn,

The main employers in the Geelong area are Shell (at Corio), Ford (on the Melbourne Road), and Alcoa (at Point Henry), plus Deakin Uni. Also Barwon Health and Barwon Water might be worth approaching, and the new cablecomms company in Geelong, Neighborhood Cable.

The Aussie head office of Target (part of Coles Myer) is in Geelong.

In addition your wife might try a couple of the professional firms such as Harwood Andrews (Solicitors) and WHK Day Neilson (accountants).

You can probably get their contact details via www.google.com.au

Also, the Saturday copy of the Geelong Addy contains the local job ads.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Glenn
Old Feb 16th 2004, 7:13 am
Anti- Mike Member

Thanks to everybody for the replies.

Nice to know so many of you are happy for us
Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:47 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Just like to thank Alan for his great info.

Cheers
Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:51 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

A quick wahey from me as I have a cuppa in the middle of running round - you must be chuffed to bits what with all your worries.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Glenn
Congratulations!