Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!!! I need some reassurance.....

Help!!! I need some reassurance.....

Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

chelley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!! I need some reassurance.....

Hi there!

As you can probably tell I am new to this site and have spent ages reading through loads of messages and feel I need a little reassurance as to my visas status and would appreciate some words of advice from all those who have been there and done it already!
We sent our TRA assessment off way back in July 2004, and due to a confusing technical hitch on their part ww were originally turned down but on appeal (and obvoiusly at more cost on our part!) we managed to rectify their confusion and were granted a positive assessment in Feb 05. After visiting Emmigrate 2005 at Sandown, we decided we had done a lot of the hard work already ourselves and so wouldn't bother going through and agent and submitted our visa request at the end of April 05. I was really shocked to recieve an e-mail so soon, confirming receipt of our application and fee on the 5th May 05 but since then we haven't heard a dicky bird.
I am starting to get very concerned as having read through other messages, people have already logged that they have had medicals done and sent them back etc and I was just wondering if for those people had you recieved a request for your medicals from the Dimmia.
I feel a little in no-mans land at the moment and it's really annoying when at least 5 times a week I am asked by friends etc "How are the Oz plans coming on?" and each week its the same old story that we are still yet to hear anything......
Please, please, please can anyone give me some advice. I know I probably need to grow some patience but it never has been one of my stronger points.
Cheers, can't wait to hear from anyone!!!!!
A stressed out mum, waiting to pack my suitcase x
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:12 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!! I need some reassurance.....

Originally Posted by chelley
Hi there!

As you can probably tell I am new to this site and have spent ages reading through loads of messages and feel I need a little reassurance as to my visas status and would appreciate some words of advice from all those who have been there and done it already!
We sent our TRA assessment off way back in July 2004, and due to a confusing technical hitch on their part ww were originally turned down but on appeal (and obvoiusly at more cost on our part!) we managed to rectify their confusion and were granted a positive assessment in Feb 05. After visiting Emmigrate 2005 at Sandown, we decided we had done a lot of the hard work already ourselves and so wouldn't bother going through and agent and submitted our visa request at the end of April 05. I was really shocked to recieve an e-mail so soon, confirming receipt of our application and fee on the 5th May 05 but since then we haven't heard a dicky bird.
I am starting to get very concerned as having read through other messages, people have already logged that they have had medicals done and sent them back etc and I was just wondering if for those people had you recieved a request for your medicals from the Dimmia.
I feel a little in no-mans land at the moment and it's really annoying when at least 5 times a week I am asked by friends etc "How are the Oz plans coming on?" and each week its the same old story that we are still yet to hear anything......
Please, please, please can anyone give me some advice. I know I probably need to grow some patience but it never has been one of my stronger points.
Cheers, can't wait to hear from anyone!!!!!
A stressed out mum, waiting to pack my suitcase x
I am sure that in the immigration forum last week some one posted that their case officer had said that DIMIA were currently looking at applications recieved the last week of March - hang on in there you are getting nearer the top of the pile every day !!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:13 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Ps - welcome to the forum
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Impalfa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wargod
Ps - welcome to the forum
We posted our 47sk form off at the start of January 05, got notice of receipt just over 1 week later.
In the middle of April we were asked to get out police checks and medicals done. (they advise to get them done when requested to, but some people front-load them in advance)
We got the Visas granted at the beginning of July 05.

You just have to sit tight and wait. It gives us a good rest from sorting things out !!

Good luck.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Impalfa
We posted our 47sk form off at the start of January 05, got notice of receipt just over 1 week later.
In the middle of April we were asked to get out police checks and medicals done. (they advise to get them done when requested to, but some people front-load them in advance)
We got the Visas granted at the beginning of July 05.

You just have to sit tight and wait. It gives us a good rest from sorting things out !!

Good luck.

Thankyou so much for your reply, I really was beginning to worry but now I feel much better and a lot happier
It really does help to talk to others and get some positive feed back!
Cheers
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wargod
I am sure that in the immigration forum last week some one posted that their case officer had said that DIMIA were currently looking at applications recieved the last week of March - hang on in there you are getting nearer the top of the pile every day !!
Wow! Thanks for your rapid response, you have certainly cheered me up no end . Im definately hanging in there with a better frame of mind, I was beginning to think it was all going to go very pear shaped!