Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with how to take my cat...

Help with how to take my cat...

Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Help with how to take my cat...

...does anyone know if I can take my cat to Perth via Manchester? Any companies that ship from Manchester please? I have done a search but am unable to find anything . I really need a company who can tell us step by step what we need to do as this is one area I have not looked into and it is getting very close to our departure date!

Thanks in advance - Pops xxx
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help with how to take my cat...

We used Animal Airlines http://www.animalairlines.co.uk/ to fly our cats to Australia. They will talk you through the stages, but basically, you need to apply for an export certificate from DEFRA (or whatevery they're called now) and an import permit from AQIS (the Australian Quarantine place). Once you have the import permit, you can book a place at the quarantine station in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney. We couldn't book our cats in until a week later than we were leaving, so we put them in a cattery near to Manchester airport and they sorted the final vet chack and dropped them off at the airport. Your vet should have the address and number to apply for the permit in the UK, and they were very helpful and quick when we applied. The rest of the information you will find on t'internet.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

Try this

Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Popsicals
...does anyone know if I can take my cat to Perth via Manchester? Any companies that ship from Manchester please? I have done a search but am unable to find anything . I really need a company who can tell us step by step what we need to do as this is one area I have not looked into and it is getting very close to our departure date!

Thanks in advance - Pops xxx
I reckon the cheapest thing to do is euthanase the cat in the UK and get one that looks exactly the same once you get to Australia.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

On a more sensible note - www.airpets.co.uk

They do everything for you and highly recommended on the forum.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Australia needs cats like it needs cane toads.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:12 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Australia needs cats like it needs cane toads.
...and whinging expats.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone for your help and your personal views . I will contact the companies you mention. Really appreciate it! Thank you Lord Farquar for your input too . One thing I can guarantee is that when I arrive I may be bringing a cat that Australia doesn't need but I won't be adding to the whinging expats renth, although I do have a sense of humour!!! Lol x. Thank you!

Pops xxx

Last edited by Popsicals; Mar 9th 2010 at 8:58 am.