Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP - A few last minute ?

HELP - A few last minute ?

Old May 29th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough
Default HELP - A few last minute ?

Has anyone used PSS Removers and any issues to report?

Also just double and triple checking, arriving in Oz on 28 June - am I right in thinking that I can apply for citizenship after 2 years?

So much confusion surrounding this!

Only got 3.5 weeks to go. Anyone else flying to Sydney on 24 June from UK?

panic, panic, panic!!!!

Tatyana
Old May 29th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice
Default Re: HELP - A few last minute ?

Originally Posted by Tatyana R

Also just double and triple checking, arriving in Oz on 28 June - am I right in thinking that I can apply for citizenship after 2 years?

panic, panic, panic!!!!

Tatyana
With regards to Citizenship - I am sure it has recently been changed to 4 years before you can apply.

Good luck with the move!
Old May 29th 2007, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wilso16
With regards to Citizenship - I am sure it has recently been changed to 4 years before you can apply.

Good luck with the move!
I think this is if you arrive after 1 July 07 !!!

Someone please clarify
Old May 29th 2007, 2:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is if you arrive after 1 July 07 !!!

Someone please clarify
Numerous threads on this in the Immigration forum, and at the moment it does seem that if you have arrived in Australia and are on a PR visa before July 1st you will fall under the old rules of 2 years. After that it goes up to 4 years.
Old May 29th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Numerous threads on this in the Immigration forum, and at the moment it does seem that if you have arrived in Australia and are on a PR visa before July 1st you will fall under the old rules of 2 years. After that it goes up to 4 years.
Those are the words I longed to hear

Thank you
Old May 29th 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

yorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to all

panic, panic, panic!!!!

Tatyana
Hi

We used PSS, they were great. No problems either side.
The guys who did the packing were brilliant. Everyone was
really helpful.

Yorkies
Old May 29th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yorkies
Hi

We used PSS, they were great. No problems either side.
The guys who did the packing were brilliant. Everyone was
really helpful.

Yorkies
Great News Yorkies. Those words too are what I wanted to hear

got the Tea Cartons being delivered today and got all the delivery/collection fees scrapped which is a bargain!
Old May 29th 2007, 4:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

good luck

I hope everything goes well,take deep breaths and try and keep calm
Old May 29th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS for exporting all our goods to Oz, we then used them to ship it all back, now we are using them again to get it all back to Oz :curse:

Bloody expensive change of heart is all I can say. Only thing broken was hubbies guitar which we never realised until about 3 mths later. Excellent service from the guys who did the removals. Make sure you have a good supply of hot/cold drinks and plenty of biscuits, keeps the sweet

Mandy
Old May 29th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
We used PSS for exporting all our goods to Oz, we then used them to ship it all back, now we are using them again to get it all back to Oz :curse:

Bloody expensive change of heart is all I can say. Only thing broken was hubbies guitar which we never realised until about 3 mths later. Excellent service from the guys who did the removals. Make sure you have a good supply of hot/cold drinks and plenty of biscuits, keeps the sweet

Mandy
Wow Scrawni 2 that's an impressive story. All I can say is good luck and hope it goes well 2nd time round.

Glad to hear positive things about PSS. I find myself going round in circles with each hurdle. I come on here to get advice and then you don't know who to listen to, the good or the bad! but I have had two positive comments on PSS so thats me bought!

The very best of luck
Old May 29th 2007, 10:36 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Wow Scrawni 2 that's an impressive story. All I can say is good luck and hope it goes well 2nd time round.

Glad to hear positive things about PSS. I find myself going round in circles with each hurdle. I come on here to get advice and then you don't know who to listen to, the good or the bad! but I have had two positive comments on PSS so thats me bought!

The very best of luck
Hi, good luck, just one thing I can say from all the people who have stayed with us and most have said the packing was the most stressful thing, on the day the removalists come have everything clearly tagged (perhaps bright stickers or ribbon) "GOING", if you are going to be too stressed organise a very level headed friend to be there the whole time they are in the house to oversea the packing, as with a lot of our mates they ended up with the boxes for charity packed and on the container and gone before they knew it..Made for a bit of a laugh at this end when we helped them unpack and watched them take the boxes they had just carted halfway round the world get bundled into the car and off to the charities over here in oz......Also if you are getting an elderly family member to wrap up your mail and send it on (at a quite large cost) make sure they take all the junk mail out.....Suzette