help defacto worries

Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

COSTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help defacto worries

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there has had a similar request for
further information from the oz commision in London. I sent my
carefully prepared application in last week with everything required after consulting this website and getting lots of good
advise. I received a letter back with most of the supporting evidence I had sent in and a receipt for £540.However they
sent a letter saying thanks for your application but you have not provided enough evidence of cohabitation for the last year so we
cannot make a decision.
I have been together with my partner (australian born) for 3 and
a half years.I sent them stat docs,joint teneacy agreements for
the last 18 months council tax bills car insurances, travel docs
going back 3 years xmas cards wedding invites to us both ect
the list goes on...the only thing we dont have is joint bank account . I feel really worried now as I dont know what else to provide or how to prove any further we live together .
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:29 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help defacto worries

Do you have any bills (gas, leccy) in both names for the time period which would indicate co habitation?

TT

Originally posted by COSTY
Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there has had a similar request for
further information from the oz commision in London. I sent my
carefully prepared application in last week with everything required after consulting this website and getting lots of good
advise. I received a letter back with most of the supporting evidence I had sent in and a receipt for £540.However they
sent a letter saying thanks for your application but you have not provided enough evidence of cohabitation for the last year so we
cannot make a decision.
I have been together with my partner (australian born) for 3 and
a half years.I sent them stat docs,joint teneacy agreements for
the last 18 months council tax bills car insurances, travel docs
going back 3 years xmas cards wedding invites to us both ect
the list goes on...the only thing we dont have is joint bank account . I feel really worried now as I dont know what else to provide or how to prove any further we live together .
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:40 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Did they give you a case officer?

if you provided joint tenancy etc then surely that would suffice.If you hve a case officer may be worth mailing them to point out you didnt have a joint bank a/c for reasons xyz.Never heard of lack of joint bank a/c being reason enough to hold up app especially with all other info you provided.

Hopefully BP/Pollyana/WBB can give advice
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:46 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I've attached a contents list from someones application a while ago they had trouble with providing info so have a look and hopefully it might help.

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: doc
contents overview.doc (21.5 KB, 90 views)
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys
thanks for your replies. I have left a message with the case officer
but am waiting a reply. I think I must have been pretty naive
as i just assumed that our case would be straight forward .
Most of the utility bills are in my name as I had held accounts with all the main companies previously.
We have got 18months of council tax in both names and
loadsa holiday invoices,even a holiday for last november to france
which included all his family who flew into to stay with us from oz.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:50 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

This might help also

http://www.iarc.asn.au/cis/pdf/cis04.pdf
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought, but although you have produced documents to say you live together are they within the last 12 months, or are they older than 12 months?
Did you have any Stat Decs from your landlord, or maybe from the neighbours? Perhaps there are some friendly neighbours who would state you live together as husband and wife?

I also suggest you post this on the immigration forum (if you haven't done so yet) - one of the agents might be able to come up with a reason/solution.

I can't see that they can be just worried about the joint bank account. Got me a bit stumped, cos you've provided all the stuff I would have suggested! will let you know if I get inspiration.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
Just a thought, but although you have produced documents to say you live together are they within the last 12 months, or are they older than 12 months?
Did you have any Stat Decs from your landlord, or maybe from the neighbours? Perhaps there are some friendly neighbours who would state you live together as husband and wife?

I also suggest you post this on the immigration forum (if you haven't done so yet) - one of the agents might be able to come up with a reason/solution.

I can't see that they can be just worried about the joint bank account. Got me a bit stumped, cos you've provided all the stuff I would have suggested! will let you know if I get inspiration.
Thanks Polly our council tax bills and joint tenancy are from
november 2002 until present. We have only met our landlord once
as the flats through an agency.
I have been racking my brain and have got virgin mobile to send
a letter showing that we have had our phones at the address
for the last year and have also found a letter confirming our
joint annual travel insurance , my partners gym membership
card with our address and my partners birthday present from me last year which was a glider experience which was confirmed
through the post. Its times like this that i wish I was a hoarder
of stuff but I have a tendancy to chuck most things.
If this fails I will invite the case officer round for a lovingly prepared dinner cooked by the both of us !!!!!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Polly our council tax bills and joint tenancy are from
november 2002 until present. We have only met our landlord once
as the flats through an agency.
I have been racking my brain and have got virgin mobile to send
a letter showing that we have had our phones at the address
for the last year and have also found a letter confirming our
joint annual travel insurance , my partners gym membership
card with our address and my partners birthday present from me last year which was a glider experience which was confirmed
through the post. Its times like this that i wish I was a hoarder
of stuff but I have a tendancy to chuck most things.
If this fails I will invite the case officer round for a lovingly prepared dinner cooked by the both of us !!!!!!!!

Good luck Costy, I am hoping that we won't be put in the same situation as you, we don't even have tenancy agreement or mortgage as we live with my parents, so have nothing to prove that we live together other than Stat Decs from both sets of parents and all sorts of correspondence addressed to both of us at the same address.

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Let us know what happens - Good luck

Nat
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Nat
All the best for you as well some friends of mine who are living in
Melbourne applied when they had been living with parents and
there visa was granted a year ago .
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Nat
All the best for you as well some friends of mine who are living in
Melbourne applied when they had been living with parents and
there visa was granted a year ago .
Thanks for your reassurance, especially at such a worrying time for you.

I really do wish you the best of luck

Old Mar 1st 2004, 5:41 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for worrying me Costy!!

I sent my application in last Tuesday and feel pretty confident about it. Seem to be in much the same situation as you, Aussie partner, been together three and a half years, lived in current place for over 11 months and stayed with parents before and rented place in Adelaide for six months together as well. Had a letter from letting company in Oz confirming that we rented together for six months in 2001 but all my bills, council tax, joint account details come from the last 12 months.

They have sent my cheque back today. Apprently they need a debit/credit card mandate. At least they've looked at it!

:scared:
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Anthonykirby was requested more information and he got his visa. It is frustrating but they have not rejected you. Look up his threads for more info. His problem was that he did not have a stat dec from both sides of the family.

Is there any evidence of you 2 transferring money between each other? That will help on the joint financial commitment. The bills and evidence do not have to be joint but just addressed to either of you at the same period at the same address. Eg a mobile phone bill for you for Jan and a gas bill for your partner for Jan.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:58 pm

Originally posted by Kentish Man

I sent my application in last Tuesday and feel pretty confident about it. Seem to be in much the same situation as you, Aussie partner, been together three and a half years, lived in current place for over 11 months and stayed with parents before and rented place in Adelaide for six months together as well. Had a letter from letting company in Oz confirming that we rented together for six months in 2001 but all my bills, council tax, joint account details come from the last 12 months.

They have sent my cheque back today. Apprently they need a debit/credit card mandate. At least they've looked at it!

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/HTML/feelist.html

Charges can be paid by credit/debit card, bankers draft and postal orders. Personal and business cheques are NOT accepted. Bankers drafts and postal orders must be made payable to the AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION and you must write your full name, address and contract telephone number on the reverse.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 7:02 pm

Originally posted by Kentish Man

I had been with my partner a similiar amount of time as you when I applied in London.

Good luck to both of you but as COSTY is finding out they ask for more info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.