Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help anyone know if we can send boxes over on ETA

Help anyone know if we can send boxes over on ETA

Old May 28th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Help anyone know if we can send boxes over on ETA

Hi we are in a situation waiting for our visa:curse: still no news but we are hoping to be in Perth Aug/Sept 08 and dont want to send the kids back to school so we were thinking of going on an ETA but not sure about sending over our boxes 15 as we will have to put OH tools in with it so as soon as we get our visa he can get a job ,because if we wait until we are over then another 13 weeks to send the stuff out he will be getting a job about xmas which we would not be able to do we were hoping for just 1 month or so
any help would be much appreciated
thanks Kate
Old May 28th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help anyone know if we can send boxes over on ETA

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Hi we are in a situation waiting for our visa:curse: still no news but we are hoping to be in Perth Aug/Sept 08 and dont want to send the kids back to school so we were thinking of going on an ETA but not sure about sending over our boxes 15 as we will have to put OH tools in with it so as soon as we get our visa he can get a job ,because if we wait until we are over then another 13 weeks to send the stuff out he will be getting a job about xmas which we would not be able to do we were hoping for just 1 month or so
any help would be much appreciated
thanks Kate
Forget the shipping bit for now; are you planning to move here on an ETA in the hope that your visa comes through in time (i.e. while you're here on your ETA)? I'm no expert, but I'd be wary about this strategy. Post this question in the Immi forum/look for posts about this topic. I'm sure it's been asked before and I don't think it was considered a good idea.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help anyone know if we can send boxes over on ETA

Originally Posted by Hills Boy
Forget the shipping bit for now; are you planning to move here on an ETA in the hope that your visa comes through in time (i.e. while you're here on your ETA)? I'm no expert, but I'd be wary about this strategy. Post this question in the Immi forum/look for posts about this topic. I'm sure it's been asked before and I don't think it was considered a good idea.
It isn't considered a very good idea as you would not legitimately be able to claim you are a tourist and the ETA is a tourist visa. If DIAC suspect you're arriving on a tourist visa but planning to stay they can send you straight back at your cost.

I don't think you can ship possessions over on an ETA either.