Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP! 17 yr old Daughter won't come.

HELP! 17 yr old Daughter won't come.

Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

frances is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: HELP! 17 yr old Daughter won't come.

hey, frances's 17 year old son here if she is into indy music she will love it here, im the complete opposite as im more into club/dance music and no one agrees with em here there all indy, i 2 had a girlfrikend when my parents decided to move here n wanted to stay but you just have to realise that they come and go and you can always go back home to the uk if you want to i personally am doing a course over here then i will decide what i want to do. hope i have helped

p.s. if she wants to talk 2 me get her to add me on msn [email protected]

an me myspace is www.myspace.com/page69r
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:00 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP! 17 yr old Daughter won't come.

Thanks for that certainly pass on you address
Again Thanks
Anne
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

yh no worries get him too add me and i will have a chat with him
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie and Deb
We are hoping to go out to queensland June2008 and my daughter doesn,t want to come. She doesn,t want to leave her friends and boyfriend. I was hoping i could get some positive comments back from you lovely peeps to help convince her to come. She thinks the music scene is 'pants' she is into indy music she likes ' The View' and 'The Claxons'. I know that most teenagers go through this when the emigrate but please help

We originally moved to Oz 3 years ago and our teenage daughter (17) didn't want to come to oz either. She decided to move in with her grandparents and we headed off to start our new life. Anyhow, we came back after 8mths and one of the reason was because I missed her terribly. When we come home she was on the verge of quitting college and very depressed (we knew nothing of this whilst out there).

She moved back in with us and has got her happy nature back and a new boyfriend aswell. We are thinking about heading back to oz this year and she has suprised us because she is all for moving out with us, her boyfriend aswell

What a change of heart from saying she would never, ever live there to being all for it. She has said that now she is working she has become frustrated with life here in the uk (job wise, housing wise, life experience of new things) and also remembers how much she missed us and our support last time.

It is very hard being away from your kids and you have to ask yourself if it is worth breaking up you family for. I know that they are only a phonecall away but there was alot of what went on back in the uk that we wern't aware of and being a teenagers she didn't want us to be aware of either.

Saying all that, when we had been back for a while she settled into her own routine and is now rarely home. She is ready to move on with her own life, yet I feel she still want us around just in case...

It's a tough one, I know. Each family is different and only you know your own children. As long as they have enough support in the uk then I'm sure they will be fine. And remember, even if they don't go with you now, they might change their minds in the future (just make sure they validate their visa).

Mandy
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all i can,t believe there are so many of you is the same situation as our family. You have given me some useful tips to try. Thanks to frances son i will let my daughter know about the music scene. She is at a gig at the moment she has gone to see The Arctic Monkeys at Middlesbrough Town Hall it was a secret gig and she got tickets she,s in her element.
I hope everything works out for you all, my heart goes out to each and everyone of you. I have been in tears at some of your stories
Debbie x
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

. She is at a gig at the moment she has gone to see The Arctic Monkeys at Middlesbrough Town Hall it was a secret gig and she got tickets she,s in her element.
lucky thing how did she hear about that? I didnt know anything about it until I saw it on the front of tonights Gazette Where are you from?

Tracey
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tracey we are from stockton we live just off Darlington Back Lane, where are you from. My daughter found out about the gig a few days ago from a friend who is a D.J. and she was going to camp out last night with her friends, but she decided not to in the end and just went down early this morning, queud for 3 hours and managed to get tickets.
Isn,t it a small world
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey we are from stockton we live just off Darlington Back Lane, where are you from. My daughter found out about the gig a few days ago from a friend who is a D.J. and she was going to camp out last night with her friends, but she decided not to in the end and just went down early this morning, queud for 3 hours and managed to get tickets.
Isn,t it a small world
I've put a thread up on the meets forum to see about organising a meet. Would you be interested?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that sounds good. i'll look at the thread
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Had a look Tracey but can,t find the meet. Give us a clue
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Had a look Tracey but can,t find the meet. Give us a clue
Look on th emeet ups forum and its just about the essex meet, about 7 threads down
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:26 am
Still In Perth

starlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: HELP! 17 yr old Daughter won't come.

We are hoping to go out to queensland June2008 and my daughter doesn,t want to come. She doesn,t want to leave her friends and boyfriend. I was hoping i could get some positive comments back from you lovely peeps to help convince her to come. She thinks the music scene is 'pants' she is into indy music she likes ' The View' and 'The Claxons'. I know that most teenagers go through this when the emigrate but please help

Its a tough one but overall your daughter is old enough to do and know what she wants. I think it is alot harder for 17 year old kids to move, they're not at school so they cant make friends easily. They've built a life for 17 years and now they might have to leave it.
The music scene is very different to the U.k but she could easily download the music she likes.

All the best of luck! Maybe she'll come around!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:37 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 20 year old son with Aspergers who is living in sheltered accomodation and has refused to come, also 18 year old son just finishing school who has a girlfriend and lots of mates and has applied to join the police who is adamant he will come for 1 month holiday and that is it.

this is breaking my heart but I can't force them to come.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

HI,

It is very hard, I know that if my son decided to go back to England it would be very upsetting, where are you going to in Australia, excuse my ignorance but can you please tell me what is Aspergers, Frances
Old Mar 11th 2007, 12:06 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frances
HI,

It is very hard, I know that if my son decided to go back to England it would be very upsetting, where are you going to in Australia, excuse my ignorance but can you please tell me what is Aspergers, Frances
we are going to Sydney
Aspergers is a form of autism son has no social skills poor language and hates contact with other people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.