Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hellstra - watch this space!

Hellstra - watch this space!

Old May 17th 2010, 11:22 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hellstra - watch this space!

I have just received an email from Telstra, advising me that my monthly account is available to see online.

Strange, since I got off my butt over a month ago and made my line over to Internode, with whom I already have my ISP account.

So I logged onto Telstra to find that my account bill is for $0.00, and that my bank account will be direct debited $0.00 on the 1st June.

Be interesting to see whether my bank will send $0.00 to them, and if it doesn't whether I will eventually get a debt collection agency hounding me for $0.00 plus interest .
Old May 17th 2010, 11:42 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hellstra - watch this space!

Originally Posted by Wol
Be interesting to see whether my bank will send $0.00 to them, and if it doesn't whether I will eventually get a debt collection agency hounding me for $0.00 plus interest .
You wanna be careful - that $0 payment might accure a $1.50 transaction fee
Old May 17th 2010, 11:43 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Worth it for the entertainment!
Old May 18th 2010, 1:15 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

We're with internode for our broadband, it's a $50 plan, easy broadband for 50gb of downloads etc. What benefits did you find moving your homephone from Telstra to Internode as this is something we might consider just so Hellstra don't get our money lol
Old May 18th 2010, 1:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
We're with internode for our broadband, it's a $50 plan, easy broadband for 50gb of downloads etc. What benefits did you find moving your homephone from Telstra to Internode as this is something we might consider just so Hellstra don't get our money lol
Just that!

Having had the Telstra scamming (search threads) experience when I moved into my house, and having watched the Trujillo arrogance of the company I just wanted out. And Internode is slightly cheaper per call.
Old May 18th 2010, 1:32 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Just that!

Having had the Telstra scamming (search threads) experience when I moved into my house, and having watched the Trujillo arrogance of the company I just wanted out. And Internode is slightly cheaper per call.
Okie dokies, we don't really use the landline for calls, just t'internet...how much notice do Telstra require?
Old May 18th 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

I cancelled my landline with T when we moved 3 months ago. They are still sending me bills for $0.00!
I migrated my mobile over to them 3 months ago as well (only because staff plan = great phone for next to nothing) and they forgot to send us the bill so they put a bar on our numbers!

Now I'm going to have to pay 3 months worth of plan in one go.
I said they had better not charge me any late payment fee. Girl on the line readily agreed. Bet she could tell they had messed up once again.
Old May 18th 2010, 4:08 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point

We are being charged $116 a monthdfor FOXTEL that we cancelled when we moved in January, it is not on our account but appears on our bill, every month I call and they tell me it will be sorted, but this month it is there again. I have been into the Telstra shop now to get them to sort it - we will wait and see
Old May 18th 2010, 4:24 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Okie dokies, we don't really use the landline for calls, just t'internet...how much notice do Telstra require?
I didn't have to contact them at all: just went to Internode and asked online for a change to their NodeLine plan. Since I was already on their broadband scheme they had all my details: the next D/D reflected the new cost and the "final" Telstra bill (prior to the $0.00 one!) was for a couple of dollars call charges. Simple!
Old May 18th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

i am going to do this as soon my area has Internode coverage for a naked line...in the meantime, i hate having to pay $29 to Telstra for the landline...