Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hello from yorkshire

hello from yorkshire

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:27 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hello from yorkshire

Originally Posted by Carl B
I'm goosed then! I've been told on a few occasions that I have quite a strong Yorkshire accent. In fact there's people in Leeds who sometimes struggle to understand me.
al av t tek me book o sheffieldish wi me sos the can translate ie ehup arthaallreet trans: g'day cobbber
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:53 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice
Default Re: hello from yorkshire

Yep Bradford is in a bit a state at tha moe but I think it was made worse by the way Leeds redeveloped itsen so quickly. I can remeber all the bits around the corn exchange and the road that had C&a on it in Leeds being a place I really did not wanna be catchin a bus from when I was at college. If you ignore the bits around Bradford centre and go out into the edges of town there are some lovely places. The new plans for Bradford do look quite good so you never know in a few years it could be the place to be. It will be a real shame tho it the odeon is allowed to be knocked down as I belive due to the state of the interior it is not a listed building. Just before I left a few weeks ago they had given it a clean so who knows?