Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian History Lesson - SBS 7.30pm (Brisbane time)

Australian History Lesson - SBS 7.30pm (Brisbane time)

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Australian History Lesson - SBS 7.30pm (Brisbane time)

Programme on tv tonight (part 2/6) that might interest some;

Program details: Tuesday, 1 February

7.30pm - 8.30pm | SBS

The Colony
Part 2
Real Life (Australia/English)
This six-part series transports a group of English, Irish and Australians, both indigenous and European, back in time to the Australia of their ancestors. Living the life of free settlers, convicts and local Aboriginal people, they experience the unforgiving toughness of the colony of NSW as it was 200 years ago. The series is a mix of historical discovery, social jeopardy, adventure challenge and experiential learning as pampered 21st century pioneers attempt to prove they're tough enough to survive historical ordeal. The series also explores the gripping story of the first settlements - brutal and often bloody places with conflict between races (Aboriginal, Irish and English), classes (convicts, free settlers and military), and men and women. The set up is a microcosm of the extraordinary plan that the British government hatched to colonise Australia. Each day presents a new challenge as they struggle with the help of our experts to acquire the same essential survival skills as their ancestors did 200 years before.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:01 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian History Lesson - SBS 7.30pm (Brisbane time)

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Programme on tv tonight (part 2/6) that might interest some;

Program details: Tuesday, 1 February

7.30pm - 8.30pm | SBS

The Colony
Part 2
Real Life (Australia/English)
This six-part series transports a group of English, Irish and Australians, both indigenous and European, back in time to the Australia of their ancestors. Living the life of free settlers, convicts and local Aboriginal people, they experience the unforgiving toughness of the colony of NSW as it was 200 years ago. The series is a mix of historical discovery, social jeopardy, adventure challenge and experiential learning as pampered 21st century pioneers attempt to prove they're tough enough to survive historical ordeal. The series also explores the gripping story of the first settlements - brutal and often bloody places with conflict between races (Aboriginal, Irish and English), classes (convicts, free settlers and military), and men and women. The set up is a microcosm of the extraordinary plan that the British government hatched to colonise Australia. Each day presents a new challenge as they struggle with the help of our experts to acquire the same essential survival skills as their ancestors did 200 years before.
brill programme I must remember and watch it next week....will u remind me
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
brill programme I must remember and watch it next week....will u remind me

No, sorry I'll be in LA
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

I found that programme really good was pleasantly surprised

Found it interesting that the irish man didnt get on with the Aussie guy - was expecting the english guy to be the unpopular one
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:23 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Oh no not another bl**dy pseudo-reality programme. These things are always so contrived. Fortunately Australian TV does have some good history programmes, essential watching for those of us who know sweet F.A about the local history, recent or otherwise. (Well it's not taught in UK schools, beyond a vague mention of Ned Kelly I expect.)