Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello Northern Beaches

Hello Northern Beaches

Old Oct 8th 2006, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

KelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello Northern Beaches

Hi there

We have found house a last, we are renting a property in a place called narraweena. I would love to hear from anyone living near by. Sadly we missed the Sydney meet up as that was the weekend we got the keys to the property, and just notice i missed the ladies meet up this week, darn it !!
Have very demanding 5 year old she would have loved it, may be next time hay.

Who was on the beach today, enjoying the nearly 30 degrees, we were on north curl curl it was real busy, and then the sand storm blew us all off, it must have seen me in my bikini.

Would love to meet my neighbours

Kelly
Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:09 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Northern Beaches

Originally Posted by KelnIan
Hi there

We have found house a last, we are renting a property in a place called narraweena. I would love to hear from anyone living near by. Sadly we missed the Sydney meet up as that was the weekend we got the keys to the property, and just notice i missed the ladies meet up this week, darn it !!

Who was on the beach today, enjoying the nearly 30 degrees, we were on north curl curl it was real busy, and then the sand storm blew us all off, it must have seen me in my bikini.

Kelly
Hi Kelly

Looking forward to meeting you and your little one. We had ten girls at the meet on Tuesday ranging in age from 20 months - 9 years. One of the little girls has 2 older brothers but they must have sensed how outnumbered they would be and were off doing other activities for the day! Anyway, the girls had a ball! And us mums all had a good gossip too!

Our next gathering will be the first Tuesday in November so hope to see you then if not before. Will start thinking about a venue soon so if you have any recommendations, let us know. . . .

B
Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:10 pm
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Hi there

Kelly
Hi Kelly and welcome to the Northern Beaches - you have picked a lovely area. Sorry to hear you got caught in the sand storm today. We had the same problem at Freshwater beach - never seen such a mass exodus from a beach! And that was before I even thought about stripping to my bikini!!

I see you are aware of the Tuesday ladies meet - there are a few of us now and its a good time to have a coffee and a chat. We always meet somewhere child friendly as there are a few of us with little ones so feel free to come to the next one. I think it will be on 7th November but look out for a post with details nearer the time.

Hope to see you then.

Paula.
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Hi all

I can't wait for the next Ladies meet either. We are currently renting in the Northern suburbs. Managed to get my son [the out numbered one it seems...and at 11, he hates girls!!!!!!!!!!LOL] into a school, and he starts on 16th Oct, so that leaves me free for meet ups for a while.

Lesley x
Old Oct 8th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

KelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the roughKelnIan is a jewel in the rough

hi everyone
thankyou for the welcome. Sounds like you had a really good time, we have been told about the newport arms, and have not had chance to go yet. Will defo look out for the next meet up, will mark on my calender now. I will be child free, as my little one also starts school on the 16th of october.
Just a thought does anyone know of any where having a halloween party/disco. We have always had a party or gone to a party at home, this year will defo be quieter. Just wonder if the newport or anywhere like that, would do the theme thing.

Lesley if you are like me and have now friends boo hooooooooo!!! please pm me we could meet for a coffee or something when kiddies at school, if you would like to, and anyone else for that matter. Hope i am not being to forward. I am counting the days to the next meet up. I have now idea where to suggest, i am still finding my feet, if i come across anything i will let you know.

Many thanks
Kelly
Old Oct 8th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

popeye will become famous soon enoughpopeye will become famous soon enough

hi everyone
thankyou for the welcome. Sounds like you had a really good time, we have been told about the newport arms, and have not had chance to go yet. Will defo look out for the next meet up, will mark on my calender now. I will be child free, as my little one also starts school on the 16th of october.
Just a thought does anyone know of any where having a halloween party/disco. We have always had a party or gone to a party at home, this year will defo be quieter. Just wonder if the newport or anywhere like that, would do the theme thing.

Lesley if you are like me and have now friends boo hooooooooo!!! please pm me we could meet for a coffee or something when kiddies at school, if you would like to, and anyone else for that matter. Hope i am not being to forward. I am counting the days to the next meet up. I have now idea where to suggest, i am still finding my feet, if i come across anything i will let you know.

Many thanks
Kelly
hiya kelly

we only live down the road at narrabeen, would be good to meet up sometime

tony and jayne
Old Oct 8th 2006, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome Kelly & hello all!

I'm new to this site but consider meself a local round these parts! It sure is a beautiful part of the world! Where do all you NB ladies come from anyhoo?

I'm originally from Hull.....it a great place REALLY
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:21 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Spent my early years in Rossington, and another one on the Northern Shores.

Might see you (& Lesley/Mollymoo) at the next Tuesday meet - bubs due in a week so he will definately be out by the 7th

walaj
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by walaj
Hi

Spent my early years in Rossington, and another one on the Northern Shores.

Might see you (& Lesley/Mollymoo) at the next Tuesday meet - bubs due in a week so he will definately be out by the 7th

walaj
WOW! due in a week!! GOODLUCK!!

I would love to meet you all next time however I have 2 girlfriends arriving from the UK the day before - Mon 6th - so may not be able to...

Are you having a boy or girl or surprise?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
WOW! due in a week!! GOODLUCK!!

I would love to meet you all next time however I have 2 girlfriends arriving from the UK the day before - Mon 6th - so may not be able to...

Are you having a boy or girl or surprise?
I would love to join but I don't have a bub!.... when is the next meet!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Cool - lots of new people seem to have arrived recently!

Look forwards to meeting you all at the next meet up - looks like the first Tuesday in Nov is the 7th so that's when it will be. keep an eye on the meet ups section for details about the meet......Binbird usually gets us organised and posts something.

Welcome Kelly!

BinBird - my 10 year old would be most upset to see she'd been put down as been 9 .

Mollymoo - my 10 year old hates boys!!! Although I met with a friend today who has an 11 year old and they played "aki 1 2 3" (boy that took me back a few years!) quite happily for AGES!

Walaj - Good Luck! Can't wait to meet the new arrival - keep us all posted.

hedgehog girl - you don't need a bub, just yourself. At our last meet up we had 3 mums (without children) sat at a kids playground we did feel a bit daft, but luckily Walaj turned up with her little one. We usually have a good natter and chat so come along.

See you all soon

Rudi
x