Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello From Lincoln.....for the time being :)

Hello From Lincoln.....for the time being :)

Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

MattnSue is on a distinguished road
Smile Hello From Lincoln.....for the time being :)

Hello everyone, myself and my fiance Sue will be moving to Melbourne in about 4 weeks - Sue's got a job at the Alfred Hospital and I'll be looking to continue a career in IT management (currently with IBM).

We are v excited but also prone to the occassional bouts of nerves but am guessing that's normal.

Anyone with any tips pls feel free to send 'em our way.

Cheers!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:53 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello From Lincoln.....for the time being :)

Originally Posted by MattnSue
Hello everyone, myself and my fiance Sue will be moving to Melbourne in about 4 weeks - Sue's got a job at the Alfred Hospital and I'll be looking to continue a career in IT management (currently with IBM).

We are v excited but also prone to the occassional bouts of nerves but am guessing that's normal.

Cheers!

Was in Lincoln myself up until December 2005, first up in Glebe Park and then off the High Street. Great place. We are also going to Melbourne but in April 2007.

Redlion who posts on here is in Bracebridge Heath. Many folk on the forum in Melbourne; thebears, CasG and Bordy to name a few.

Welcome! Look forward ot reading your posts.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busterboy
Was in Lincoln myself up until December 2005, first up in Glebe Park and then off the High Street. Great place. We are also going to Melbourne but in April 2007.

Redlion who posts on here is in Bracebridge Heath. Many folk on the forum in Melbourne; thebears, CasG and Bordy to name a few.

Welcome! Look forward ot reading your posts.
Hi Busterboy, thx for the reply.

I've lived in Glebe (Chesney Rd) and off the High St myself - in fact seemed to have lived most places in Lincoln (admittedly, it's not that big!) which is prob one reason to move on!!

I'll keep an eye out for the other people you mentioned and will keep the site updated with progress - we should be there no later than end Nov.

Cheers!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:18 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Busterboy, thx for the reply.

I've lived in Glebe (Chesney Rd) and off the High St myself - in fact seemed to have lived most places in Lincoln (admittedly, it's not that big!) which is prob one reason to move on!!

I'll keep an eye out for the other people you mentioned and will keep the site updated with progress - we should be there no later than end Nov.

Cheers!
#

We lived in chesney road too! In fact OH and I met in the dreadful Harvest Moon. Who are you? PM me (do you know how to do that yet)?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:25 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
Hi Guys

4 weeks time will be about the same as Buzzy Bee coming over for his reccie too.

The nerves are very normal - but everything does fall into place and lots of good folk down this way to provide advice/reassurance and a cuppa to settle the nerves.

You already have a job between yourselves so this is alot more than most had arriving and your coming into summer you lucky devils

WELCOME
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Beermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really nice

IS Lincoln now empty? I went to school in Lincoln (used to live on Birchwood in the days the old airfield -complete with tarmac runways and control tower) was still there
Old Oct 25th 2006, 8:52 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
Hello Welcome to the site, good luck in your very exciting move!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello Welcome to the site, good luck in your very exciting move!
Thanks all for your posts and words of encouragement. Depending on when you were here last Lincoln may have changed a bit with the Uni (grt thing for Lincoln I believe), Brayford Development, A46 dualling, etc but the staples such as Duke William, Adam & Eve (my local), Lion & Snake (gone downhill in my view), Thai No 1, Black Horse Chambers, etc are still there and doing well.

Take care.

Matt & Sue
Old Oct 26th 2006, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there
we are from cleethorpes, just a stones throw, hubby has family in lincoln, hope your move is smooth, friends from scunthorpe moved to melbourne about eight weeks ago, (scottandlisa) might be worth while asking them a question or two. Good luck
Beth and neil.