Hello Everyone

Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:11 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hello Everyone

Not in the Bayside area, so definitley not in Brisbane either. You'll probably have to look a lot further out. You definitely won't find anything that fits that description close to a beach, in any area of QLD I think!

I don't really know the rest of the state so I can't answer that. Perhaps a separate thread would get the answers you need. Something titled "where to find reasonable rent in QLD", or along those lines. That will help you find the answers your looking for.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Claire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really nice

[QUOTE=comet555;6280074]Not in the Bayside area, so definitley not in Brisbane either. You'll probably have to look a lot further out. You definitely won't find anything that fits that description close to a beach, in any area of QLD I think!

I don't really know the rest of the state so I can't answer that. Perhaps a separate thread would get the answers you need. Something titled "where to find reasonable rent in QLD", or along those lines. That will help you find the answers your looking for.[/QUOTE

Thanks , i thought as much. Am wondering if we can really get anything decent for that amount from what ive seen on the realestate websites Never mind
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:28 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

You really will get more answers if you post a separate thread. People pick and choose the threads they want to read, so one that is entitled "hello" might not catch everyone's attention.

Housing is not cheap in the majority of places, particularly near the big cities. So you might need to start looking at the outskirts of the big towns, or smaller towns. Or, you might have to give up some of the things that you want, like the pool or proximity to the beach, etc.

I suggest reading this link if you haven't already:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...96&postcount=4
It give lots of great info on how to use the site and how and where to post.

There's also this one with some more general info:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Claire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really nice

Originally Posted by comet555
You really will get more answers if you post a separate thread. People pick and choose the threads they want to read, so one that is entitled "hello" might not catch everyone's attention.

Housing is not cheap in the majority of places, particularly near the big cities. So you might need to start looking at the outskirts of the big towns, or smaller towns. Or, you might have to give up some of the things that you want, like the pool or proximity to the beach, etc.

I suggest reading this link if you haven't already:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...96&postcount=4
It give lots of great info on how to use the site and how and where to post.

There's also this one with some more general info:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774
Thanks again hun, will be quite happy to live right out of the way like if we could still get somewhere with a pool, or my life wont be worth living.
My daughter would not be amused!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

It's a personal thing but we had an open mind when we came out - northside/southside, western suburbs or northern goldcoast.

We are currently renting in northern gold coast which is nice but we have bought a house in the southern gold coast, for us it is just that little bit closer to the beaches, and that was one of our top priorities for coming out here. Also the high school our daughter will be going to has a v good rep.

Just beautiful down there with burleigh heads, currumbin, kirra and coolangatta a 5-15 min drive away

Work is scarcer down there though but if you can get based with a job down there i would go for it - great for families
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:06 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by sammyg
It's a personal thing but we had an open mind when we came out - northside/southside, western suburbs or northern goldcoast.

We are currently renting in northern gold coast which is nice but we have bought a house in the southern gold coast, for us it is just that little bit closer to the beaches, and that was one of our top priorities for coming out here. Also the high school our daughter will be going to has a v good rep.

Just beautiful down there with burleigh heads, currumbin, kirra and coolangatta a 5-15 min drive away

Work is scarcer down there though but if you can get based with a job down there i would go for it - great for families
How much is the housing though?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, i agree the house prices do not reflect well with the wages down there - i am talking about varsity/robina area here, gets even more expensive nearer the beaches.

All depends what you're looking for i guess?

We have had to compromise slightly on our house to get the position/location we are after...
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:53 am
Canuck/Aussie

What could you get for $300 a week in rent?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:15 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a big Lubemobile depot in Caboolture - see their vans all over the place - mobile car servicing, not mechanics.

Caboolture is an alright area as are many of the suburbs between there and Brisbane......
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
There's a big Lubemobile depot in Caboolture - see their vans all over the place - mobile car servicing, not mechanics.

Caboolture is an alright area as are many of the suburbs between there and Brisbane......
Thanks thats really helpful. My OH has been on to the agent this morning and he was talking about vacancies in southern bris and GC.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:16 am
Canuck/Aussie

Caboolture is north of Brisbane on the Sunshine Coast.

This is a great website for looking up addresses & suburbs.
http://www.whereis.com.au
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by comet555
Caboolture is north of Brisbane on the Sunshine Coast.

This is a great website for looking up addresses & suburbs.
http://www.whereis.com.au

Thanks that will be really helpful too, better go and get my kids to school.