Hello Everyone

Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Claire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really nice
Smile Hello Everyone

Hi , were new to the site and are currently looking to immigrate to oz. My partner (Alan) has been offered a job sponsor working as a mobile motor mechanic,around the queensland area. A job which he is fully qualified in and has around 10 years experience in. He was originally offered this about 2.5 years ago, but we decided against it at the time as our youngest was only a year old and because we didnt really have any financial back up among other things. But weve always thought we d do it eventually and now feel we are ready. We now have a house to sell which were planning on getting valued etc asap. And i may possibly be able to arrange a job through the company im working for here (Ge Money).
We have two children 8 and 4 now, so would love any helpful info about good primary schools in queensland and also good places to live. Ideally we need to be fairly near a town/city for work, schools,shopping but also not too far from beaches, wildlife ,fun stuff for the kids, etc. Although , workwise a short journey of 15mins or so would be fine as we both drive. Also we would need to find a reasonably priced 3bed rental (preferably with pool or my daughter may not come ). Think my oh salary will be min of $60,000AD. Not sure bout mine yet, but i basically work in inbound telesales, so any info on approx salarys for similar job in oz would be good.
Does anybody know of any areas that may suit us all round?
Oh also OH parents plan to join us on either retirement visa or other suitable option.
Any helpful info welcome. Thanks

Claire
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Everyone

Can't answer your specific questions just wanted to say welcome to BE & prepare yourself for the rollercoater ride of a lifetime
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Claire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really niceClaire Bear is just really nice

Thanks, hope youdont mind me asking but, what part of queensland do u live in, and hows it all goin?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire Bear
Thanks, hope youdont mind me asking but, what part of queensland do u live in, and hows it all goin?
Not there yet, sorry!

Hoping to move to Cairns later this year, house sale permitting!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , were new to the site and are currently looking to immigrate to oz. My partner (Alan) has been offered a job sponsor working as a mobile motor mechanic,around the queensland area. A job which he is fully qualified in and has around 10 years experience in. He was originally offered this about 2.5 years ago, but we decided against it at the time as our youngest was only a year old and because we didnt really have any financial back up among other things. But weve always thought we d do it eventually and now feel we are ready. We now have a house to sell which were planning on getting valued etc asap. And i may possibly be able to arrange a job through the company im working for here (Ge Money).
We have two children 8 and 4 now, so would love any helpful info about good primary schools in queensland and also good places to live. Ideally we need to be fairly near a town/city for work, schools,shopping but also not too far from beaches, wildlife ,fun stuff for the kids, etc. Although , workwise a short journey of 15mins or so would be fine as we both drive. Also we would need to find a reasonably priced 3bed rental (preferably with pool or my daughter may not come ). Think my oh salary will be min of $60,000AD. Not sure bout mine yet, but i basically work in inbound telesales, so any info on approx salarys for similar job in oz would be good.
Does anybody know of any areas that may suit us all round?
Oh also OH parents plan to join us on either retirement visa or other suitable option.
Any helpful info welcome. Thanks

Claire
You'll need to be a bit more specific about work locations really - is his job Brisbane based? Gold Coast? Or somewhere more regional

(Welcome to BE by the way!)
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi claire welcome aboard!!!

We have been living here almost 2 years now, we live in a lovely place called karalee in Qld, hubby is a maintenance fitter and works about 25 mins from here. We have a 4 yr duaghter and a 9 yr son who have adapted to the place more than we could have dreamed. If we can help give us a yell.

My parents came ot to visit us last July and loved the place they are also looking at ways to get here.

Good luck

Sadie
xxxx
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:38 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

around the queensland area.
You might want to be more specific. Queensland is a big place

I'm not sure if you have to be somewhere specific due to your OH's work. If he's being sponsored to a specifc job then you'll need to tell everyone where he'll be working in order to get the info you need.

If you can choose anywhere then I'm thinking you'll probably be focusing on the Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast areas since it would tick off most of your boxes. I'm sure lots of other places would work too though.

Also, you asked about schools.... are you thinking state schools or private schools?

Haley
P.S. It's almost midnight in Brisbane now so you probably won't get too many more responses until everyone wakes up. So don't take it personally!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the welcome. Were not sure which region the job will be based yet, we think he may have a choice as the company seems to cover all/most queensland.The company is LUBEMOBILE ,do you know of it?. Hes getting a call from the agency tomorrow morning to talk through options. So will post as soon as i know more. Am so excited , have been on internet almost nonstop as am off work this week.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Haley and Sadie

I was lookin more towards state schools. Sorry if i was being a bit non specific with everything. Am just trying to gather as much info as possible as weve never been to oz, so only know what weve been told/read. Thanks though

Claire
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Not there yet, sorry!

Hoping to move to Cairns later this year, house sale permitting!
Good luck with everything x
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome. Were not sure which region the job will be based yet, we think he may have a choice as the company seems to cover all/most queensland.The company is LUBEMOBILE ,do you know of it?. Hes getting a call from the agency tomorrow morning to talk through options. So will post as soon as i know more. Am so excited , have been on internet almost nonstop as am off work this week.
OK, see if you can pin them down a bit as to areas, then you're more likely to get better replies
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:58 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

My only advice would be to not go right into the major centres (Brisbane) because housing prices would be insane. The outskirts would be better for housing costs, plus there would be less traffic and easier commutes.

The Bayside area tends to be popular, as well as the Gold Coast. Other than that it's really a personal thing.

What size of town? What kind of things are important for you in a town?
How long are you prepared to drive to get to the beach, amusement parks, days out?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by comet555
My only advice would be to not go right into the major centres (Brisbane) because housing prices would be insane. The outskirts would be better for housing costs, plus there would be less traffic and easier commutes.

The Bayside area tends to be popular, as well as the Gold Coast. Other than that it's really a personal thing.

What size of town? What kind of things are important for you in a town?
How long are you prepared to drive to get to the beach, amusement parks, days out?
If poss would like to be close to beach, or within a short walk or drive. As far as themeparks n things like that go, i dont mind having to travel to them, am used to that. I suppose the main things i would like a town to be are;
Friendly, clean , low crime , family oriented, nice weather/ scenery. Good schools and jobs, somewhere where people are keen to bring up their children well.Oh and nice looking houses with low rent haha. Dunno if this all seems a bit too idealistic, just tell me if you think this is an unobtainable dream.:
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:25 pm
Canuck/Aussie

How much are you hoping to pay for all that? I suspect the low rent will be the limiting factor on where you choose to live. That and the schools of course.

There aren't really any 'beaches' in Brisbane so you'd probably prefer the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast. There are a few small beaches in the Bayside area but they're not really the nice white sand beaches you'd see north or south of the city. I'd ask yourself how often you really think you'll go to the beach, you might find you really don't need to be within walking distance or even a short drive away. If you want walking distance to the beach then you'll have to pay for it!

I would start by having a look on the real estate website to get an idea of rents in various places and what you'd get for your money.

http://www.realestate.com.au
There's a tab at the top for renting.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=comet555;6279785]How much are you hoping to pay for all that? I suspect the low rent will be the limiting factor on where you choose to live. That and the schools of course.

There aren't really any 'beaches' in Brisbane so you'd probably prefer the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast. There are a few small beaches in the Bayside area but they're not really the nice white sand beaches you'd see north or south of the city. I'd ask yourself how often you really think you'll go to the beach, you might find you really don't need to be within walking distance or even a short drive away. If you want walking distance to the beach then you'll have to pay for it!

I would start by having a look on the real estate website to get an idea of rents in various places and what you'd get for your money.

http://www.realestate.com.au

Thanks for that, have been having a nose at that websight. Advice much appriciated
Does anyone reckon its possible to rent somewhere decent with a pool for $300 p/w or less or is that just crazy?

Thanks for your advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.