Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello all :) new and looking for advice!

Hello all :) new and looking for advice!

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

feefeefairy will become famous soon enough
Smile Hello all :) new and looking for advice!

Hi everyone, im new...well i was a member 3 yrs ago when i was looking into living and working in australia however at that time life got in the way, but the dream never died!!! lol and im seriously looking again.
Im hoping that as a nurse i wont have too many problems, however..... i will be hopefully coming to aus with my 2 dogs and was hoping to rent initially, but from looking on the web it seems that its difficult to rent in sydney when u have pets? Ami looking in the wrong places or is it going to be really difficult?
I'd appreciate anyones advice
Many thanks in anticipation
Fee x
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:05 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all :) new and looking for advice!

Originally Posted by feefeefairy
Hi everyone, im new...well i was a member 3 yrs ago when i was looking into living and working in australia however at that time life got in the way, but the dream never died!!! lol and im seriously looking again.
Im hoping that as a nurse i wont have too many problems, however..... i will be hopefully coming to aus with my 2 dogs and was hoping to rent initially, but from looking on the web it seems that its difficult to rent in sydney when u have pets? Ami looking in the wrong places or is it going to be really difficult?
Fee x
Does it have to be Sydney?

Melbourne loves dogs
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for replying , to be honest i dont really know but i'd rather be somewhere that is dog friendly as im a little sad and they are my babies
Have been reading the threads about taking pets to aus and getting a little freaked out that whilst it might be a good move for me, it may not be the best thing for them...ticks heat etc! couldnt leave them behind tho! Thanks for the advice i'll be happy anywhere and if their happy then i'll be chuffed
Thanks fee
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Me again...just wondered what the climate is like in melbourne?
Thanks Fee x
Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Depending on where and what you're planning to rent, you will encounter differences. Units and townhouses are a lot more difficult, and you will have problems finding "pet friendly" places, whilst home owners will generally stipulate that you must keep any animals outside.

What area of Sydney are you looking in?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for replying , to be honest i dont really know but i'd rather be somewhere that is dog friendly as im a little sad and they are my babies
Have been reading the threads about taking pets to aus and getting a little freaked out that whilst it might be a good move for me, it may not be the best thing for them...ticks heat etc! couldnt leave them behind tho! Thanks for the advice i'll be happy anywhere and if their happy then i'll be chuffed
Thanks fee
Hi. We found trying to rent a place alot more difficult with dogs, it was the real estate agents more than the owners isn some cases. We got the owners to meet our dogs in the nend & they lived inside with us, in Sydeny. Bring references, in the end I made up 'new' references as they were being so arsey.
Walking here is alot different to UK though, even away from cities.
Beaches or parks are the norm.
Good luck
x
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[it might be a good move for me, it may not be the best thing for them...ticks heat etc! couldnt leave them behind tho! Thanks for the advice i'll be happy anywhere and if their happy then i'll be chuffed
Thanks fee[/QUOTE]

My 2 dogs have no problems with the heat, just ensure they always have plenty of cold water and somewhere to lay that is out of the sun and they will be fine!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the advice, ermmmm not sure about which area of sydney im looking at as it depends on where i could get a job. I think if i introduced my dogs to prospective landlords they would INSIST i kept them outside!!! ROFL!
I may have to contemplate a more dog friendly city as my boys wouldnt be happy if they had to live outside!
Thanks guys
Fee x
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:38 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fee x
Chilly winters - typically 13C

Cool Springs with fair amount of variety ...could be 15 one day, and 25 the next

Hot Summers ....plenty of days over 35C ..max I've known it was 44 last summer and 47 summer before ....though wind can be changeable in December

Autumn is wonderful ...warm and balmy.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:54 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Fee x
Who did you post as ?? I was here 3 years ago too..
Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Hello all :) new and looking for advice!

I think it was as figgie or icklefig, getting old and cant quite remember ROFL.
Couldnt get the name this time tho. Found everyone here so helpful so when i decided to start looking again it was the 1st place i came.
My dogs are the only problem i think although i haven't started the application process yet so its very early days. If there is a problem with me renting with the dogs then i may have to wait until i sell my house so i can buy when and if i get there. From looking briefly it would appear that house prices are high in aus?
Fee
Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:49 pm
Australian Citizen

I think it was as figgie or icklefig, getting old and cant quite remember ROFL.
Couldnt get the name this time tho. Found everyone here so helpful so when i decided to start looking again it was the 1st place i came.
My dogs are the only problem i think although i haven't started the application process yet so its very early days. If there is a problem with me renting with the dogs then i may have to wait until i sell my house so i can buy when and if i get there. From looking briefly it would appear that house prices are high in aus?
Fee
Sorry, don't remember those mames ... I joined initially in August 2005.

There are places which allow dogs - but you have to request at the estate agents.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fee x
Four seasons in one day just like the song! But when it's sunny there's nowhere else I'd rather be! Wish I was there now