Wikiposts

Hello all

Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:43 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whisky
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry, we aren't heading for the Goldcoast either. We are off to Perth. Next week we hope.
Don't care how my drink comes. At this stage, a bucket will do!!!

I have a half sister living on the Goldcoast, at a place called Pimpana. Never been, but would love to go sometime.

Whisky
You are on to something there Whisky. The next standard drinks measure. Hopefully the buckets will be glass.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
You are on to something there Whisky. The next standard drinks measure. Hopefully the buckets will be glass.

Don't care. Getting desperate. Gave all my glasses away this week. Bucket - tin, rubber, plastic- so long as it hasn't got a hole in, who cares.

Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Whisky, you're as bad as me! I'm reduced to one mug and one glass, both old and chipped, and which I can throw away next week! Beer is OK, swig it out of the bottle Aussie style, but the wine is causing me more problems!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:30 pm

Not long to the pub Pollyanna. Are you sad to leave your job? Will you miss much?
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:35 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Poor Whisky, you're as bad as me! I'm reduced to one mug and one glass, both old and chipped, and which I can throw away next week! Beer is OK, swig it out of the bottle Aussie style, but the wine is causing me more problems!!
We're reduced to eating off plastic camping stuff
because all my willow pattern is being shipped to Oz next Friday and hopefully we will be following it and we will be following it the week after.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello all

Originally posted by Goldcoast girl
Hi everyone - let me introduce myself - I arrived in QLD way back in March with my family and have settled in the Gold Coast area - my husbands family live here. We are just about getting the hang of living in a strange and distant land and would love to hear from anyone who is living or going to live on the Gold Coast.

We are gradually making friends here but it is alot harder than I thought as it appears to be rather a transient community.......
so if you're out there would love to hear from you.
Hi There

We are heading for the Gold Coast (if we dont change our minds). We have got our visas already and will be validating in January.

Debs
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:39 am
plumber39

Welcome newbie , we're heading for the Goldcoast .
Hopefully earley next year, that's if we can still afford to buy a house , frightening when we look on the net at price's!.
Where have you settled and have you managed to find job's yet?
Would be glad for any info or advice on offer!

The plumber!

Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Wine - no problem. A straw or cut a bit of hose pipe off. Got none? Lay flat on your back and pour it in. Then theres your shoe, you could use that. At this stage you need to be inventive.

Whisky
Old Oct 10th 2003, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BondiPom - didn't get to answer your last query yesterday (the pub got in the way!) ! yes, I am sad to leave actually - they are all mad as hatters, but good fun to work with and I've known them a long time. And the job itself was interesting, would've liked to carry on but its too far to commute!! I think I shall miss it and them more than I realise at the moment.

Whisky - like the shoe idea, I've got some long boots here, which would hold more, so I'll try it later on!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:00 pm

Hi BondiPom - didn't get to answer your last query yesterday (the pub got in the way!) ! yes, I am sad to leave actually - they are all mad as hatters, but good fun to work with and I've known them a long time. And the job itself was interesting, would've liked to carry on but its too far to commute!! I think I shall miss it and them more than I realise at the moment.

Whisky - like the shoe idea, I've got some long boots here, which would hold more, so I'll try it later on!
Was it a good drink up?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Goldcoast girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello all

Originally posted by debsy
Hi There

We are heading for the Gold Coast (if we dont change our minds). We have got our visas already and will be validating in January.

Debs
Hiya
Congrats on getting your visas - pls do not hesitate to contact me if you need any pointers on Gold Coast living - they are a strange but friendly lot here....
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Goldcoast girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by plumber39
Welcome newbie , we're heading for the Goldcoast .
Hopefully earley next year, that's if we can still afford to buy a house , frightening when we look on the net at price's!.
Where have you settled and have you managed to find job's yet?
Would be glad for any info or advice on offer!

The plumber!
Thanx for your reply - we have been here for nearly 8 months now and for the first 3 were lucky enough to stay with my husbands parents while we searched for a house - there are plenty on the market , which is very bouyant but the prices are going up and up all the time - and I expect tht you have been watching the strength of the Aus Dollar with equal dismay!!!

We have settled in a place called Arundel which is about 10 mins drive inland from Surfers. We get to go to the beach when we feel like it without having to live in amongst all the tourists that visit the Coast.

As the housing market is booming and so is the building trade - you will be in great demand for yr plumbng skills. You should be able to rent a fairly descent place while you get the lie of the land and decided which area you want to settle in.
getting the kids sorted out with schools is an onerous task too -
if you have school age children you have two options: public or private schooling - private schools are much more affordable than in the UK and are mostlly linked to a church - but it seems that they will take children from most denominations. Roughly the fees per year are $6K - much cheaper than good old blighty.

No I dont have a job yet but am looking - my husband has started his own business so am helping him get that up and running - you wll find there is so much red tape here with everything that you do - so be prepared for lots of form filling
Dont hesitate to contact me if you need any help as we have now just about done everything from buying a house, car, finding schools, Doctors, opening bank accounts and driving around without getting lost which takes some doing at first.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:51 pm

[i]No I dont have a job yet but am looking - my husband has started his own business so am helping him get that up and running - you wll find there is so much red tape here with everything that you do - so be prepared for lots of form filling
You could become a meter maid!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:51 pm
Home and Happy

Bondipom - it was a fab drink up - much alcohol consumed, I seem to have been the only one to emerge without a hangover and I still can't imagine why! Office staff now banned from yet another pub (that was nowt to do with me either!)
I am now sitting in an empty sitting room, no furniture but the pc and a chair - supposed to be cleaning it, and packing the computer, but can't bring myself to do it! I'm staying with my mate, and he got up at 7 to find me logging in to expats on his pc - don't think he realises what he's in for this week!!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 8:04 pm

My PC came with me in my suitcase. What are you doing for those 3 weeks? I left work on the Friday, ate and drank tonnes over the weekend and flew on the Monday. 4 days on HK for a rest and on to Sydney. Computer running within 2 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.