Wikiposts

Hello all

Old Oct 9th 2003, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Goldcoast girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hello all

Hi everyone - let me introduce myself - I arrived in QLD way back in March with my family and have settled in the Gold Coast area - my husbands family live here. We are just about getting the hang of living in a strange and distant land and would love to hear from anyone who is living or going to live on the Gold Coast.

We are gradually making friends here but it is alot harder than I thought as it appears to be rather a transient community.......
so if you're out there would love to hear from you.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 5:04 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello all

Originally posted by Goldcoast girl
Hi everyone - let me introduce myself - I arrived in QLD way back in March with my family and have settled in the Gold Coast area - my husbands family live here. We are just about getting the hang of living in a strange and distant land and would love to hear from anyone who is living or going to live on the Gold Coast.

We are gradually making friends here but it is alot harder than I thought as it appears to be rather a transient community.......
so if you're out there would love to hear from you.
Hello and welcome. I thought I'd kick your post up for you.. so it doesn't get lost.

Can't help you I'm in North Brisbane , but I'm sure there must be people here living in the GC area

I'm of off home now

Cheers
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, Welcome to the madhouse!
Can't help you much cos I'm heading for north Brisbane, and only know the Gold Coast cos of the Indy race in October.
Hope you're managing to meet people now, must say the impression I got of the Gold Coast was of it being a rather transient place.

Good luck - and you can talk to us till you meet other people!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent 3 days there and never made it to the beach because of hangovers. It was where I discovered cask wine. I don't think you are meant to drink 2 litres before you go out.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:36 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No Bondi,its a litre before you go, then the rest when you get back! Pace yourself!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:39 pm

We were not really sure how we got back. You know when by some miracle you wake in the morning and the end of the night is a mystery. Somehow the gods of alcohol deliver you to your bed even if you get in it the wrong way round.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is how it happens

http://www.shootingfish.net/articles/beerscooter.asp
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:44 pm
Home and Happy

Weird that isn't it - you wake up in the right place, but don't know how you got there!!! i shall be doing that tonight....!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:50 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Weird that isn't it - you wake up in the right place, but don't know how you got there!!! i shall be doing that tonight....!
enjoy your last day at work polly, and hit the pubs hard tonite

Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Cool Yes yr right!!

Originally posted by dracupg
I think this is how it happens

http://www.shootingfish.net/articles/beerscooter.asp
All the the Aussies that we have met so far - drink like fish - infact we are fast becoming a couple of alcofrolics
Just got back from the bottle shop with the weekend supplies and is was soo busy with guys buying their beer ready for tonights match....
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:54 pm

Default Re: Yes yr right!!

Originally posted by Goldcoast girl
All the the Aussies that we have met so far - drink like fish - infact we are fast becoming a couple of alcofrolics
Just got back from the bottle shop with the weekend supplies and is was soo busy with guys buying their beer ready for tonights match....
Come down to NSW. At least we drink a reasonable size beer. Not a pint but a Schooner is a damn size better than a pot.

A pot is not even half a pint. Bloody QLD Sheilas.

Bet it is light beer as well.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Come down to NSW. At least we drink a reasonable size beer. Not a pint but a Schooner is a damn size better than a pot.

Everywhere in Perth serves pints these days.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by bondipom

Have family in Sydney so do travel south of the boarder on ocassion - my preferred tipple is the vino however - and lots of it
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:59 pm

Originally posted by renth
Everywhere in Perth serves pints these days.
At least all the unemployed IT bods over there can be happy. Some of the pubs round here serve pints. Mandatory in the Irish pubs. Never guess it was Friday with the booze talk. I sure this thread started about something else.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry, we aren't heading for the Goldcoast either. We are off to Perth. Next week we hope.
Don't care how my drink comes. At this stage, a bucket will do!!!

I have a half sister living on the Goldcoast, at a place called Pimpana. Never been, but would love to go sometime.

Whisky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.