Hello

Old May 6th 2007, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

SteveA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,
First post here and I'm at the 'I wonder' stage. You know the sort of thing 'I wonder if the lifestyle really would be better' 'I wonder if my skills are in demand' and on , and on, and on.

While it's all very well going on the gov site and seeing that there is shortage for skills that's dfferent to actually find available jobs. Can anyone give me some leads on sites that post real situations vacant.

Also (and this is a bit of a long shot) I'm trying to find a mate who I've lost touch with (my fault) he's from the Milton Keynes area in the UK and moved out in the last twelve months.

Cheers.
Steve.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:39 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by SteveA
Hi,
First post here and I'm at the 'I wonder' stage. You know the sort of thing 'I wonder if the lifestyle really would be better' 'I wonder if my skills are in demand' and on , and on, and on.

While it's all very well going on the gov site and seeing that there is shortage for skills that's dfferent to actually find available jobs. Can anyone give me some leads on sites that post real situations vacant.

Also (and this is a bit of a long shot) I'm trying to find a mate who I've lost touch with (my fault) he's from the Milton Keynes area in the UK and moved out in the last twelve months.

Cheers.
Steve.
Alot depends on where you want to go..........get an idea on where you want to go then look at that area and research as much as you can.

hope that helps.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,
Didn't expect someone to come back so quickly, I suppose it's a bit of a chicken-egg situation, it's no good wanting to live somewhere but having no job prospects because the job funds the lifestyle however it's no good having a cracking job but living in the back of beyond.
I think the job is the major factor, then we consider if the location is any good for the family.
Or is this just me still thinking in small island mode?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:50 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers.
Steve.
Hi just thought I would say hello and welcome... .. as per previous, it is difficult, depending on what job you are looking for and also, which area you are wanting, as some skills are in more demand in one area than another......what sort of employement are you looking for? Good luck anyhow
Old May 6th 2007, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
I'm a bit of a hybrid career wise, I did my apprenticeship as a vehicle trimmer (think car interiors) however I ran my own upholstery business for 15 years before working for Aston Martin as a production supervisor/manager for 5 years.
Are there any car manufacturing centres in Oz?
Old May 6th 2007, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I'm a bit of a hybrid career wise, I did my apprenticeship as a vehicle trimmer (think car interiors) however I ran my own upholstery business for 15 years before working for Aston Martin as a production supervisor/manager for 5 years.
Are there any car manufacturing centres in Oz?

There's Holden in South Australia. Also my hubby works for a company that make parts for them. Not sure how secure a job at Holden would be , but they are supposed to be starting production of a new car in August this year.
Old May 6th 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,
I'll have a look at thier site.