Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello ... 1st post !

Wikiposts

Hello ... 1st post !

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 9:24 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone, this is Bernie. Looking forward to going to Australia. It sounds as though I should be ok for a job
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Welcome to the site

Not all the hairdressers are bad, I have found a reasonably good one in Kawana shopping Centre, though they are no-where near as good as the one I had in England, but at $18.95 for shampoo and cut I can't compain. I paid 35 pounds at my trendy one in Eng. Hardly anyone has blow drys around here, probably 'cos of the climate. and if you do it is about another $18 on top.

There were lots of job adverts in the paper for hairdressers last week, there must be a big shortage.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:44 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Hello ... 1st post !

Originally posted by BAY
Hi to everyone.

This is my first post. Let me introduce myself. I'm Bryan. I'm married to Bernie (Bernadette not Bernard ) and we have a 23 month old boy Lewis. We already have our visa (skilled independent courtesy of the wife who is a hairdresser) and validated it in February. We are planning to go sometime in the 2nd half of 2005 (my twin brother has decided to get married in May 2005 so we thought we might as well wait for that, very inconvenient of him , otherwise we might have been in Oz by now). Still trying to decide where to go in Oz. Was initially thinking of Melbourne or Sydney as these would be best for me to get a job. I'm in IT (Application Developer) but realise it will probably be difficult to get an IT job in Oz. Bernie has already had numerous hairdressing job offers from all over Oz from having her details on the TRA database so may go somewhere other that Melbourne and Sydney.

Welcome to the site Bryan and Bernie,

I am writing this from the lounge at Perth airport and trying hard not to think of leaving Jill and Imogen behind whilst I go back to England (not home anymore !) and sell the house !

I hope you enjoy the site as much as we have done and enjoy the magical rollercoaster that comes with it.

If Jill or I can be of any help then let us know. Incidentally we had little'uns hair trimmed in Karrinyup Shopping centre on Friday by a guy called Mark who had migrated from Leeds (Yeadon) 6 months ago. He had no probs finding a job and seems to be in demand. Jill is on the look out for a good hairdresser in Perth this afternoon so wish her well.....

Best wishes

Warren
Back to Perth as quick as I can........

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:33 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome BAY, as mentioned before there are lots of good people on here with loads of experience so ask away and be overwhelmed!!!!

Originally posted by lindseyden
...... but give a good cut and a good service.

Lindsey
Don' tell Bix, or he'll make a special trip!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:41 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Bay

I see you are from Croydon..what part??I was born in Coulsdon and worked in Croydon, down Wellsley Road and also the Huge Tower nr East Croydon Station...lots of memories.!!!

Welcome anyway....
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 11:27 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pants
Hello Bay

I see you are from Croydon..what part??I was born in Coulsdon and worked in Croydon, down Wellsley Road and also the Huge Tower nr East Croydon Station...lots of memories.!!!

Welcome anyway....
Hi Pants,

We live in Old Coulsdon, near the Tudor Rose. I've lived there for 12 years. I was born and bred in Swindon, Wiltshire. Bernie hails from Fulham.

How long since you left Coulsdon ? Do you still have family here ?

Regards,

Bryan
Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:15 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BAY
Hi Pants,

We live in Old Coulsdon, near the Tudor Rose. I've lived there for 12 years. I was born and bred in Swindon, Wiltshire. Bernie hails from Fulham.

How long since you left Coulsdon ? Do you still have family here ?

Regards,

Bryan
OMG Bryan very close in fact so close I have sent you a private message...