Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The hell of being a British Expat

The hell of being a British Expat

Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default The hell of being a British Expat

Gotta love Clarkson!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2326687.ece

"Fine, but in the whole of human history, nobody has ever woken up and thought, “I know. I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life. I shall therefore move to Australia.”

Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures."

Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The hell of being a British Expat

LOL - Yep thats us

Still think he is funny though - Im on a group on facebook that says Jeremy Clarkson for PM!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:20 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
Gotta love Clarkson!

"Fine, but in the whole of human history, nobody has ever woken up and thought, “I know. I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life. I shall therefore move to Australia.”

Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures."

Online Clarkson, excellent, bookmarked it, ta

Must replace his books that I didn't bring with me ...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The English are not happy unless they are miserable, the Irish are not at peace unless they are at war, and the Scots are not at home unless they are abroad.
George Orwell
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:36 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The English are not happy unless they are miserable, the Irish are not at peace unless they are at war, and the Scots are not at home unless they are abroad.
George Orwell
and the welsh love a good sheepshaggin'

Lee
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:50 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Gotta love Clarkson!

Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:22 pm
I am not a troll!

Location: Yorkshire to Melbourne (2007) Melbourne to Sydney (2008) Here to stay!
earlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really nice

Gotta love Clarkson!

what he missed off the end of the sentence "...because it's alot like England but without the crappy weather!"
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:25 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my are you telling me there are bars open at 10am in Australia

I knew there had to be a good reason for going there

from one failure to all the rest

CHEERS
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: The hell of being a British Expat

That's a classic rant.

I loved the following comment from a reader:

I think I am right in saying that Mr C lives in the Isle of Man which is not part of the United Kingdom and he qualifies as a tax exile himself, in the local parlance of the Manx he is a rich come over and they think of anyone from the UK as expats too.

His rants are good fun though.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I just love the way so many people take him so seriously!

Tariq's last comment made me raise my eyebrows though.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness to him ... he does dish it out to pretty much everyone ...

On the English ... We're not really a nation of zinc kitchen surfaces and brushed aluminium; we're more a nation of Wetherspoons, and Heat Magazine and... chlamydia.

And apart from anything else ... would you seriously take offence at something said by a bloke whose favourite record is Radar Love.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

awww bless the Clarkson,,,,

A complete dimwit himself who only looks good by two bumbling idiots mimicking his daft tone.... sorry richard and james but you just two gimps.

Now on the other the other hand mr clarkson ...... your the intelligent one I suppose, unfortunately you are true brit, so you belong here.

I am off being a failure else where.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love Clarkson!

"Alarming news. It seems that all the world’s clever people have gone missing. We know where the stupid people are. They’re in the White House, or they’re on Big Brother, or they’re singing for Simon Cowell’s supper."

Or watching Top Gear or reading his newspaper column?

OzTennis