Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heads up on Melbourne suburbs

Heads up on Melbourne suburbs

Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:10 am
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heads up on Melbourne suburbs

As I read some of the threads I realise that some of you may benefit from a rundown on Melbourne's suburbs:
Melbourne suburbs are referred to by geographical locations :
Nothern suburbs,eastern,The West, south east .Suburbs close to the city ie within 5-10 kms are referred to as inner suburbs.Most expensive and exclusive are the inner city suburbs in any direction

House prices have gone ballistic and don't seen set to stop.Entry level is 230-250,000.for a 2-3 bed house with garden.In some suburbs they sell for 500-700,000( dollars).
I have travelled extensively and worked in most suburbs so if you'd like to ask any specific questions I'll be glad to answer them or I'll be here all day dissecting the best and worst.Can't tell you about schools though : they're all pretty high standard,there are also many private school and the affordability is not like schools in the UK.
Drop me a line...!

Steve
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heads up on Melbourne suburbs

Hi Steve

you're exactly what I've been looking for. We haven't really got a clue what the suburbs are like. Not planning on visiting as we have young kids, just hoping to get good advice. My husband will be working in the city and so we don't want to live too far, maybe 1/2 an hour away and not too far from the beach. Obviously want a nice area, preferably with an Aussie/British community. I believe that different cultures tend to live in certain areas. If you can help I'd be most grateful

Nicole