Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Golden Ticket at last

Golden Ticket at last

Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golden Ticket at last

Yes at long last, 26 months and 5 case officers later we were granted our PR Visas yesterday. If I hadn't been working nights I would have been pissed and singing in the streets. Even yesterday before the news 3 people said to me how's Oz going, I've done well not to strangle anyone yet. I just hope someone asks me today, just to see there face as I cartwheel about the street. We must be one of the last long suffering London applications or at least I hope we are as I'd not wish the experience on anyone.

Timeline well:-

Feb 01 - Visit migration agent.
May 01 - TRA accessed.
June 01 - Application to London (waiting time 9 months).
June 02 - Waiting times increase to 20 months.
Oct 02 - Application transferred to Adelaide.
Nov 02 - Police & Medicals (not requested).
Jan 03 - Wifes medical sent to Sydney.
Feb 03 - Doctor mucked up medical, he didn't do Hep B blood test for pregnant women. Request for further test .
Mar 03 - Hep B blood test returned.
Apr 03 - Asked for application to go on hold until birth of baby.
27th May 03 - Baby born.
Jun 03 - Baby's medical.
Aug 03 - Visa Granted.
Oct 03 - Adelaide bound.

Looks quite simple when you write it down but by god it wasn't, Adelaide seem on the ball. London were totally useless (say no more). Be thankful out there you didn't apply in 2001.
:scared: the story of the faces just about sum it up jockney
Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

FAN BL**DY TASTIC!!

You deserve to be celebrating for the next few weeks at least.
Give Guinness book of Records a ring-you never know you could be in for 'the longest time to process an Australian Visa category'!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Golden Ticket at last

well done itll all be worth it in the end!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:00 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

All the very best - enjoy the celebrations when you get a chance, you've been waiting long enough.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant.
Good luck with your new lives.

Whisky
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:49 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by jockney
If I hadn't been working nights I would have been pissed and singing in the streets.
I don't care how hot it was last night, I would have shut the windows if I'd have heard that!

Sounds like we might have to get pissed together before you go.

Try this ! : http://jobs.careerone.com.au/search/...ils=1&x=13&y=0

Finally, let me show you the way........
Attached Thumbnails Golden Ticket at last-simp2.jpg  

Last edited by SteveBannister; Aug 7th 2003 at 8:05 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:59 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Yes at long last, 26 months and 5 case officers later we were granted our PR Visas yesterday. If I hadn't been working nights I would have been pissed and singing in the streets. Even yesterday before the news 3 people said to me how's Oz going, I've done well not to strangle anyone yet. I just hope someone asks me today, just to see there face as I cartwheel about the street. We must be one of the last long suffering London applications or at least I hope we are as I'd not wish the experience on anyone.

Timeline well:-

Feb 01 - Visit migration agent.
May 01 - TRA accessed.
June 01 - Application to London (waiting time 9 months).
June 02 - Waiting times increase to 20 months.
Oct 02 - Application transferred to Adelaide.
Nov 02 - Police & Medicals (not requested).
Jan 03 - Wifes medical sent to Sydney.
Feb 03 - Doctor mucked up medical, he didn't do Hep B blood test for pregnant women. Request for further test .
Mar 03 - Hep B blood test returned.
Apr 03 - Asked for application to go on hold until birth of baby.
27th May 03 - Baby born.
Jun 03 - Baby's medical.
Aug 03 - Visa Granted.
Oct 03 - Adelaide bound.

Looks quite simple when you write it down but by god it wasn't, Adelaide seem on the ball. London were totally useless (say no more). Be thankful out there you didn't apply in 2001.
:scared: the story of the faces just about sum it up jockney
Well done mate. I thought my 8 month wait was bad enough. 26 months, christ!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Jockney

The long wait was worth it in the end

Best of luck in Oz to you and your family

footie chick x
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

well done

onwards and upwards

cheers

richard
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Don't you mean onwards and downunderwards?!

Congratulations Jockney and Co!

Loopy
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:36 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Just one question who does not get into this useless country , must say it looks like the UK is getting the best end of this deal.

Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:42 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jockney

Hi there,
It was lovely to meet you and your family on sunday. We are so pleased for you well done, have a great life in Adelaide
All the best
Averill , Steve , Rhys & Ryan
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:21 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Superb,it's been so long mate-thought 20 months was bad enough.
Now get yer butts out here and let all the ladies coo over jockney jnr while we fellas find a skimpies bar.

BB-when you adding to the posting about our agent then ?
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Just one question who does not get into this useless country , must say it looks like the UK is getting the best end of this deal.

thank you pb as everybody seems to think you are such a nice chap I`ll just have to agree---not
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default congratulations

Well done Mrs & Mrs and that cute little baby Jockney. Itw as nice to meet you the other day and I would like to wish you all the best for your new life.

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.