Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heading to Gold coast

Heading to Gold coast

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 12:47 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heading to Gold coast

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
Lesley don't get put off Bexps by some people....its great for people trying to find out stuff before u come but you need thick skin to survive this site too!!
i wont get put off thanks for advice though, i am new and just learning my way lol
lesley
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
i wont get put off thanks for advice though, i am new and just learning my way lol
lesley
thats what i thought

I'd much prefer living anywhere on the GC, (north or south) but not surfers than back in the UK...lol
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
thats what i thought

I'd much prefer living anywhere on the GC, (north or south) but not surfers than back in the UK...lol
Ditto!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Ditto!
its just so hard when youve never been before and as far as trying to sort out a 4 week holiday let for when you arrive thats not proving easy?
never mind that my partner has to look for work as well oh well if you dont try you never know ...hmmm roll on 6 months eh lesley
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:22 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Ok so it appears that no one knows anything about the southern end

We live down here - about 15 mins to the NSW border. It's fab down here. We love it, it definitely has a much better vibe than the mid to north - in our opinion anyway. You can get good properties closer to the sea here - without having to pay daft money.

We were planning on living in the northern end but when we got here and checked out the length and breadth of the city, fell in love with this end. It takes us about 20 mins to get to Surfers - close enough for dinner but a million miles away in terms of lifestyle.

We can get into Brisbane in just over an hour in the evening. Hubby has had to go up there for work a couple of times and it's taken just under two during rush hour. My eldest daughter is very good friends with a girl who lives in Pacific Pines (they're moving, don't like it) but it only takes me half an hour door to door so no big deal.

I can give you some suburb info if you have anywhere in mind, let me know what you want.
hey moneypen....does that mean you are down by Rainbow Bay?? That was my fave place when we were on our reccie last August. Lovely. C x
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:34 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

its just so hard when youve never been before and as far as trying to sort out a 4 week holiday let for when you arrive thats not proving easy?
never mind that my partner has to look for work as well oh well if you dont try you never know ...hmmm roll on 6 months eh lesley
what kind of work does your partner do ???
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by temptininnit
I may be given the choice between North and south gold coast by my new employer. I'm not very interested in the touristy areas of the Coast, I am interested in the secluded beaches in the south and I have been told the south still has a small town feel. ?

Can anybody comment on the Gold coast areas/suburbs for a family life? We'll probably be looking at approx 450k for a 4 bed house.

Hi...

If you want somewhere with a small-town feel but with a great beach then try Burleigh Heads.

We were there in 2005 and will be back there this year (September 2007).

Nice housing, large shopping centre nearby, small town feel with good coffee house (James Street) and not far from Coolangatta, the airport and Tweed Heads (NSW).

Definitely the place to be

Steve & Lynn
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I may be given the choice between North and south gold coast by my new employer. I'm not very interested in the touristy areas of the Coast, I am interested in the secluded beaches in the south and I have been told the south still has a small town feel. ?

Can anybody comment on the Gold coast areas/suburbs for a family life? We'll probably be looking at approx 450k for a 4 bed house.
hi temptininnit! we are considering gold coast too. maybe catch a coldie with you guys!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:49 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kporte
hi temptininnit! we are considering gold coast too. maybe catch a coldie with you guys!

Deffo, just having a wobble about house prices at the moment and areas. I've got to choose north or south gold coast for work.

Eeek
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:53 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Hi...

If you want somewhere with a small-town feel but with a great beach then try Burleigh Heads.

We were there in 2005 and will be back there this year (September 2007).

Nice housing, large shopping centre nearby, small town feel with good coffee house (James Street) and not far from Coolangatta, the airport and Tweed Heads (NSW).

Definitely the place to be

Steve & Lynn
Cheers steve, I'll have a look at house prices for a 4 bed. I'm not keen on a big mortgage over there so we may be limited unless the market breaks!!(caused by flying pigs)
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o
what kind of work does your partner do ???
hi steve'o hes a plumber gasfitter has been for over ten years hows life on gold coast?wish it was us now goddddd!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Deffo, just having a wobble about house prices at the moment and areas. I've got to choose north or south gold coast for work.

Eeek
looks like i will still be working in brissie, but really don't mind a commute. so looking for a good area inland a wee bit maybe an hour from work. hoping to get the best of both worlds and maybe a cheaper house. looking at 2 or 3 bed places as there is just the two of us. $ 250000 budget for us as we want to base it on one salary in case we have kids. like you guys, don't want a crazy mortgage this is the only thing i'm stressing about to be honest
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi steve'o hes a plumber gasfitter has been for over ten years hows life on gold coast?wish it was us now goddddd!
he`ll probably have to done a tafe ( college ) course for aussie regs etc in order to get his licence

( going through a similar thing at the mo as i`m a sparkie )

if you need any specific info try

https://transactions.business.gov.au...ersBefore.aspx

regards steve

ps if anyone wants any info re GC or living here as seen from a newly arrived tradespersons eyes just pm me
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:04 pm
Worongary

Eeek
if you step back from the beach say 10k you can find family homes for the money yout looking at

have you tried

http://www.realestate.com.au/

regards steve

ps what kind of work do you do??
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o
he`ll probably have to done a tafe ( college ) course for aussie regs etc in order to get his licence

( going through a similar thing at the mo as i`m a sparkie )

if you need any specific info try

https://transactions.business.gov.au...ersBefore.aspx

regards steve

ps if anyone wants any info re GC or living here as seen from a newly arrived tradespersons eyes just pm me
how long do the courses take and is he able to work while doing course etc or not and steve is it ok to ask you questions on things like moving to area and rentals and all that stuff please cheers lesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.