Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HD Ready Digital LCD TV

HD Ready Digital LCD TV

Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HD Ready Digital LCD TV

I went to one of Hardly Normal's sales in a basketball stadium recently and every salesman (they were all from the companies, not HN) if selling both said go for Plasma. Have to say after looking at what seemed hundreds of the damn things, I prefer the pic of a plasma. LCD looked a bit headache inducing. I guess it's all down to personal choice in the end. Ended up with a Panasonic 42" which is fab. What is even fabber, is that today, in the mail was a $500 panasonic digital camera I had won in a draw for buying one of their tv's. How cool was that
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I went to one of Hardly Normal's sales in a basketball stadium recently and every salesman (they were all from the companies, not HN) if selling both said go for Plasma. Have to say after looking at what seemed hundreds of the damn things, I prefer the pic of a plasma. LCD looked a bit headache inducing. I guess it's all down to personal choice in the end. Ended up with a Panasonic 42" which is fab. What is even fabber, is that today, in the mail was a $500 panasonic digital camera I had won in a draw for buying one of their tv's. How cool was that
Yeah, the Plasma v LCD debate is all about personal preference. I prefer LCD but only the very latest LCD. Up till now they have not been as good as Plasma.
Congrats on the camera.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:23 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Many Congrats on the camera.

The Plasma v LCD debate will rage on & on for sure, all comes down to personal choice.
I spent months doing my homework regards both formats (quality/price etc etc) and came to the conclusion that Plasma was for me.

I got hold of a Panasonic Viera 50", which is totally incredible for both picture quality and features, whats more it is far better than the new model Panasonic have replaced it with.

One thing to bear in mind though when checking them out, make sure you ask for the remote so you can turn of the default factory settings. These are designed to make the picture more appealing in a showroom environment, thus a lot of people end up buying the wrong one.......