Reload this Page >

Having a child in OZ??

Having a child in OZ??

Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

dazza monty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Having a child in OZ??

Hi

My wife and I are immigrating to Brisbane in January 12th on a skilled independant 175.
Having just found she is expecting our first child, which will be due around may.
I'm concerned about the cost's of having a child in oz as new migrants? How does they're health system work when having a child?
Can anyone advise on wether to get health insurance to cover the medical costs?? I dont have a clue about any of this

If you have any info it would be much appreciated

thanks
Darren
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a child in OZ??

You wont be able to get health insurance, there is a 12 month waiting period.

Cost wise it probably wont be that much - just the usual tests and scans and GP visits but the hospital will be free assuming you are entitled to reciprocal medical cover. Book into the hospital as soon as you can though.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:46 am
ABCDiamond

Many people, even with private insurance, choose to use the free public system for pregnancies..

Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Many people go with the state system as it supposed to be more pro 'natural birth'. Private hospitals tend to have a rep for too many C Sections.
Public system is supposed to be just as good.

Private you pay for choosing your own OB doctor and getting a better room.

Gems