Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

have you seen my car in Perth???

have you seen my car in Perth???

Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about
Default have you seen my car in Perth???

Some thieving little b*****d stole my car from Currambine train station yesterday. My husband usually takes our other very very old car because it wouldn't matter too much if it was stolen, anyway yesterday he took the other car - which also had all his tools in because he was in the middle of repairing something on it - they'd cost about $2,000 to replace and we're not insured for anything in the car, just the car itself. Before you say - he know's it was really stupid of him to leave the tools in the car - benefit of hindsight and all that!

Anyway the car is a Holden Commodore, beige colour, reg - 8JC 408. Has anybody seen it abandoned anywhere? There was glass around where the car had been so the windows have obviously been smashed.

Hope somebody can help, maybe it's just some kids having a joy ride and they've just dumped it (and not looked in the boot!).

Thanks

Sally
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:42 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: have you seen my car in Perth???

Hey Sally, we live up in Quinns, I do a fair bit of travelling and I will keep my eyes open on the way to work in Midland.
Fog

Originally Posted by sallybee
Some thieving little b*****d stole my car from Currambine train station yesterday. My husband usually takes our other very very old car because it wouldn't matter too much if it was stolen, anyway yesterday he took the other car - which also had all his tools in because he was in the middle of repairing something on it - they'd cost about $2,000 to replace and we're not insured for anything in the car, just the car itself. Before you say - he know's it was really stupid of him to leave the tools in the car - benefit of hindsight and all that!

Anyway the car is a Holden Commodore, beige colour, reg - 8JC 408. Has anybody seen it abandoned anywhere? There was glass around where the car had been so the windows have obviously been smashed.

Hope somebody can help, maybe it's just some kids having a joy ride and they've just dumped it (and not looked in the boot!).

Thanks

Sally
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fogmeister
Hey Sally, we live up in Quinns, I do a fair bit of travelling and I will keep my eyes open on the way to work in Midland.
Fog
Thanks for that, much appreciated. I'm sure the police are keeping their eyes open too - yeah right!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you find it soon, I had a quick look round Joondalup for you but no luck. Incidentally I heard quite a bit of hooning last night, hope it wasn't yours.

Anyone else able to keep a look out for Sally?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 9:25 am
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: this will be me at 5am tomorow on the lookout Larissa

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hope you find it soon, I had a quick look round Joondalup for you but no luck. Incidentally I heard quite a bit of hooning last night, hope it wasn't yours.

Anyone else able to keep a look out for Sally?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:10 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Sally
Sorry I nicked your car, its not in too bad a shape, I can prove it. Took recent pic, see below.
Attached Thumbnails have you seen my car in Perth???-commodoreinicked.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

thanks for everybody who's been on the lookout. The search is over... it was found last night in the bush somewhere up in Butler. Have been told they've completely trashed it - all windows smashed, seats ripped, sand put in the petrol tank etc etc etc. It's in storage at the moment waiting for forensics to go over it, it was used in a robbery or something.

Anyway thanks again.

Sally x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:11 am

gedge has disabled reputation

thanks for everybody who's been on the lookout. The search is over... it was found last night in the bush somewhere up in Butler. Have been told they've completely trashed it - all windows smashed, seats ripped, sand put in the petrol tank etc etc etc. It's in storage at the moment waiting for forensics to go over it, it was used in a robbery or something.

Anyway thanks again.

Sally x
Sorry to hear about the car. Did they nick the tools as well?
Hope the insurance covers it. Sent karma as that's all I can do.
Chris.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:14 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway thanks again.

Sally x
Sally
Check your household insurance. Some things are covered by that even outside the house.

Andrew