Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:09 pm
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about
Question Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

if you got arrested with a caution does it affect your application? dont worry, im not dangerous!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:13 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

Originally Posted by kate
if you got arrested with a caution does it affect your application? dont worry, im not dangerous!

Whhhaaaaatttttt???? Just for having loud music in the office??!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:21 pm
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about

ha ha
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:32 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Were you charged? Even then....I'd doubt it would cause you any probs unless it was a serious crime.

BTW: One Xmas [as a drunken student].... I asked a copper if he'd like to take down my particulars

I think this got me more DIMIA points

So don't worry

Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:36 pm
woooohoooo!

ha ha!no just cautioned,its just that on visas they sometimes say, have you been arrested, and you have to say yes even if it was something dumb.thats really wierd, im at work looking at finding work in Oz and an girl from Oz just called asking for work.... its a sign! ha!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:47 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

thats really wierd, im at work looking at finding work in Oz and an girl from Oz just called asking for work.... its a sign! ha!
Do a swap

But make sure she's not been arrested. Don't want them types in UK

Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:55 pm
woooohoooo!

Talking Re: Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

ha ha! anyway, it wasnt me, you see, ive got a friend... ha ha, cant wait to go, there are big grey clouds and election day looming, its a joke! :scared:
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:00 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

ha ha! anyway, it wasnt me, you see, ive got a friend... ha ha, cant wait to go, there are big grey clouds and election day looming, its a joke! :scared:
Oh no Kate. Don't do it

There's grey clouds here sometimes .... and guess what......we have election days too :scared:

AND.....you HAVE to vote :scared:

Stay where you are and turn the music up.

See....feels better already huh

Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:11 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate, Was the caution an informal one ie a telling off or was it an official Home Office Caution that you had to sign ie admitting the offence? If the latter then this stays on record for three years from the date of the offence. When I used to do prosecutions we could not refer to any formal caution after the three year period had elapsed but it does show on your record when doing a police check (if of course it was issued by the police)
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:14 pm
woooohoooo!

Talking Re: Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

dont worry i dont think its going to be perfect in Oz, used to live there when i was little and can remember a bit, (election day, thats just its so fuked here). :scared: im going t Oz for a year then go off travelling somewhere else
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:15 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt it will affect your application but I would come clean and put it on the form just in case it does come to light in the police checks as this would look unfavourable.

Try not to worry, lots of people did silly things when they were younger!!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:50 pm
woooohoooo!

basically me an d a mate nicked something, it was really dumb (we had been drinking wine) got arrested, cautioned, they said it would be on record 4 five years.dont remember if i signed anything.had pic taken and finger prints, not very clever but it did feel a bit rock n roll! it was about 4 yrs ago ish.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:51 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said, wouldnt worry too much but worth putting on the form in case it comes back to haunt you
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:05 pm
woooohoooo!

Question Re: Have You Been Arrested Does It Effect Visa?

WHATS ALL THIS THEN?
06/08/04 - TRA Skills Assessment sent
20/11/04 - TRA - "Computer says no"
15/12/04 - New agent in Tasmania organised
31/01/05 - TRA lodged
24/02/05 - TRA Ack rec'd
11/03/05 - TRA PASSED!!!
06/04/05 - 136 MODL visa app lodged
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

basically me an d a mate nicked something, it was really dumb (we had been drinking wine) got arrested, cautioned, they said it would be on record 4 five years.dont remember if i signed anything.had pic taken and finger prints, not very clever but it did feel a bit rock n roll! it was about 4 yrs ago ish.
if you only got cautioned then you are ok and it won't show up.

It would be worth writing off and getting your police checks done just to see if it came up before you went ahead and put it down on the form - you may find that an over zealous jobsworth at the DIMIA could scupper your chances when there's a good chance it wouldn't come up on your police check.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.