Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

have we got a guardian angel? (we nearly didn't make it)

have we got a guardian angel? (we nearly didn't make it)

Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Donnamarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default have we got a guardian angel? (we nearly didn't make it)

not long ago I posted for some sympathy when our house looked like it was falling through. we exhanged contracts 11th nov and Paul gave notice on his job the same day.

On 15th november we were all in a very nasty car accident (our car hit another car, rolled over and was hit in the back while we were still upside down) The car stopped on its roof and no-one came to help us get out of the car - i think they thought we were all dead. it seemed like forever but was probably only a few minutes - paul managed to get his door opened to get out and was wondering round the road in a daze with blood pouring down his head and his hand. Kayleigh who is 9 and sooooo brave undid her seatbelt and crawled out and waited for me to get out. The littleone Niamh who is 3, was still in her seat and as I undid her I had to catch her to stop her landing on her head. After the ambulance came and took us to hospital kayleigh had 11 stitches and paul couldn't be stitched because he had no skin left - he has a big scab on his head and a mickey mouse hand that has been bandaged for the last 2 weeks. I had a small cut on my head and have bruised ribs and Niamh had hardly a scratch. someone must be looking out for us.

Our removal firm comes in on friday to start packing and we move out on Monday. we fly on 12th and land in brisbane on 15th. we haven't got anything ready and are starting to panic. I have two days to get my head together.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:46 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have we got a guardian angel? (we nearly didn't make it)

Originally Posted by Donnamarie
not long ago I posted for some sympathy when our house looked like it was falling through. we exhanged contracts 11th nov and Paul gave notice on his job the same day.

On 15th november we were all in a very nasty car accident (our car hit another car, rolled over and was hit in the back while we were still upside down) The car stopped on its roof and no-one came to help us get out of the car - i think they thought we were all dead. it seemed like forever but was probably only a few minutes - paul managed to get his door opened to get out and was wondering round the road in a daze with blood pouring down his head and his hand. Kayleigh who is 9 and sooooo brave undid her seatbelt and crawled out and waited for me to get out. The littleone Niamh who is 3, was still in her seat and as I undid her I had to catch her to stop her landing on her head. After the ambulance came and took us to hospital kayleigh had 11 stitches and paul couldn't be stitched because he had no skin left - he has a big scab on his head and a mickey mouse hand that has been bandaged for the last 2 weeks. I had a small cut on my head and have bruised ribs and Niamh had hardly a scratch. someone must be looking out for us.

Our removal firm comes in on friday to start packing and we move out on Monday. we fly on 12th and land in brisbane on 15th. we haven't got anything ready and are starting to panic. I have two days to get my head together.
Donnamarie you were cool enough in a true crisis, the next two days will be easy compared to what you have just went through.

I hope You & your family are all ok and Brisbane holds everything you need & want from life,.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya donnamarie

OMG...you guys have had a very lucky escape:scared:...i would definitely say there is someone watching over you all!

Just grab enough clothes and stuff that you'll need for the first few weeks...make sure you've got tickets and passports and don't worry about the other stuff. Just try not to stress ...you've been through enough without giving yourself a headache with this lot...it will all sort itself out honest!!

Big karma and cyberhugs to you and your family.

love sophia xx
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:48 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

OMG :scared: what a tramtic event to go through and you must have someone watching over you all to come out of that with only a few cuts and bruises.

Just think the Australian part of it all will be easy compared to that. Good luck with your move and let the packers take the strain of it all.

Sasha
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:53 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Donnamarie,

I ditto Madsads sentiments. What an absolutely awful thing to happen to you and your family. Bless Kayleigh for being so calm and brave! You definitely had a guardian angel looking after you, it could've been so much worse. In a weird sort of way I would be counting my blessings!

I wish you all the best for the 12th, something that will distract you from pondering too much on the accident, and just keep thinking of Beautiful Brisbane!!!!!

Take care

D D xxx
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Donnamarie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone - it makes me cry just thinking about what could have happened - especially to my two beautiful little girls
Old Dec 1st 2004, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

trejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nice

Flippin eck!! Well if you don't already have a guardian angel and you need one when you arrive in Brisbane, I would be only too happy to help. If you are all on your own and you need some help or advice (as we were when we arrived here in 1991) I will give you all the help you need (within my limits). Just pm me back and we can take it from there. P.S. I used to live in Perham Down.