Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Old May 20th 2007, 1:44 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
Sending you massive cyber hug for that x
Thank you for that, hope you find someone soon. Come on people, there are supposedly hundreds of people looking for a rental out there, and Ocean Reef with a superb sea view, is about as good as it gets.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:57 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I reckon this deserves a bump. These guys are very keen to get back to the UK for their own reasons, I have seen their house, and it is in a superb spot, surely someone can point them in the direction of someone who wants to rent a top quality family home, its even got a pool table, to keep you busy on those cold winter nights.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Yeah - I'm going to contact the agent on Monday and see if we can arrange to drop the price and cover the outstanding...beats paying our UK mortgage plus $640 a week on this place. As for going home - missed the UK/friends/family since we arrived here...always knew we'd be going home but still thought we'd stay at least a year. Got our reasons for going sooner but it's been an experience..and one I don't regret at all... everything happens for a reason eh
If you are breaking a lease then I am pretty sure that the property has to be advertised at the same rate you are paying now (we broke a lease 2 years ago... and that was the advice we got). Unless of course you are paying $640 a week?
You should contact REIWA and/or read your lease agreement. Alternatively have you considered just moving out and handing back the keys?
Old May 21st 2007, 7:51 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Wish I could help, but at least its at the top of the board again for folks to see.
Old May 21st 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sandradee
Wish I could help, but at least its at the top of the board again for folks to see.
Appreciate the bump!! Very kind of you...

We had a viewing tonight that went very well - the family are very interested and we're trying to negotiate entry dates, yay!

Thanks for the support some of you have given - especially bumping this thread.

xx
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:12 am
Karma earned, not whored

Appreciate the bump!! Very kind of you...

We had a viewing tonight that went very well - the family are very interested and we're trying to negotiate entry dates, yay!

Thanks for the support some of you have given - especially bumping this thread.

xx
Good news, hope it all works out for you, if we didnt already have a nice house, I would jump at yours, its beautiful.
Old May 24th 2007, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Good news, hope it all works out for you, if we didnt already have a nice house, I would jump at yours, its beautiful.
We've found our tenants ! All going well with the references/owner accepting etc, they will move in in a few wks... HUGE relief !

Thanks for keeping this thread bumped up btw - MUCH appreciated !! x
Old May 24th 2007, 6:45 am
Karma earned, not whored

We've found our tenants ! All going well with the references/owner accepting etc, they will move in in a few wks... HUGE relief !

Thanks for keeping this thread bumped up btw - MUCH appreciated !! x
Brilliant news Lisa, like I said let us know if you need a hand with anything.