Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Old May 18th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold
Default Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Hi,
I'm assuming my last thread was pulled due to my shameless plug - apologies..

Back to my 2 questions.

Has the rental market slowed down - we're simply getting no enquiries about our house.
Why can't I view my signature - at least then I get the chance to link to my ad

NB - I know you replied to my first thread...didn't see the response though as it was pulled....
Old May 18th 2007, 1:56 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the rental market slowed down (again!)

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
Hi,

Back to my 2 questions.

Has the rental market slowed down - we're simply getting no enquiries about our house.

NB - I know you replied to my first thread...didn't see the response though as it was pulled....
It was only to say I was sorry to hear you were returning and to wish you luck. Sorry I can't help with the house.
Old May 18th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Back to my 2 questions.

Hi,
I think it must be slowing down as having been warned that there would be loads of people queueing to see each house we have been around several open house viewings today where we were the only poeple to turn up!!. The house we are planning on renting in Mount Lawley has been reduced in price so yes.. things are slowing down. Having spent the last few days looking i would make sure the house is smart and clean and get a good agent, some of them could care less and wouldn't sell a glass of water in the Sahara.

Cheers

Chris
Old May 18th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
It was only to say I was sorry to hear you were returning and to wish you luck. Sorry I can't help with the house.
Thanks NB x
Old May 18th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
I think it must be slowing down as having been warned that there would be loads of people queueing to see each house we have been around several open house viewings today where we were the only poeple to turn up!!. The house we are planning on renting in Mount Lawley has been reduced in price so yes.. things are slowing down. Having spent the last few days looking i would make sure the house is smart and clean and get a good agent, some of them could care less and wouldn't sell a glass of water in the Sahara.

Cheers

Chris
Thx Chris - wouldn't be so bad if I was even getting folk in the door but nobody is even calling...where's everyone going?? Our agent simply advertises the house in their shop - we've to do the rest...part of the lease agreement if we're break it. Have to be patient and hope something comes up...
Old May 18th 2007, 6:01 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe cos its 640pw in Ocean Reef. Bit of money. Is it on Realestate.com.au ????
Old May 18th 2007, 8:49 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MM,

the price may have something to do with not getting any enquiries. If you look at the reiwa web site, similar properties are advertised for $350 per week (and I already thought that was a lot).

Gina
Old May 19th 2007, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi MM,

the price may have something to do with not getting any enquiries. If you look at the reiwa web site, similar properties are advertised for $350 per week (and I already thought that was a lot).

Gina
Yeah - I know it's steep...but you get what you pay for as they say. It's a big house, classed as an 'executive home' according to the agent. Has ocean views...only a few years old and has extra's (pool table, garden furniture, bbq etc). I know it's steep though
Was told by our relocation agent that folk are paying double that for the same house in Cottesloe - wtf ! I thought our rent was high enough.... it's crazy.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Maybe cos its 640pw in Ocean Reef. Bit of money. Is it on Realestate.com.au ????
Hi - yeah it's on real estate. Has been viewed online a lot but I know that means nothing. Tried plugging it on here but the thread gets pulled - not allowed to advertise. I've got it on Classifieds though - had some interest but not until late in the year... need someone to take it over within the next 4-8wks...
Old May 19th 2007, 7:45 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi - yeah it's on real estate. Has been viewed online a lot but I know that means nothing. Tried plugging it on here but the thread gets pulled - not allowed to advertise. I've got it on Classifieds though - had some interest but not until late in the year... need someone to take it over within the next 4-8wks...
Seems a bit sad you cant advertise on here, I am sure they could make exceptions from time to time
Old May 19th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Seems a bit sad you cant advertise on here, I am sure they could make exceptions from time to time
I did ask - explained why but no exceptions
Old May 19th 2007, 11:01 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

***BUMP***

There must be someone looking for a rental out there.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
***BUMP***

There must be someone looking for a rental out there.
Sending you massive cyber hug for that x
Old May 19th 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

Yeah - I know it's steep...but you get what you pay for as they say. It's a big house, classed as an 'executive home' according to the agent. Has ocean views...only a few years old and has extra's (pool table, garden furniture, bbq etc). I know it's steep though
Was told by our relocation agent that folk are paying double that for the same house in Cottesloe - wtf ! I thought our rent was high enough.... it's crazy.
hi there you are definitely right in saying you get what you pay for we viewed properties between 390aud -650 aud and the standard was noticeable. We have just signed for a house in Hillarys and paying 50aud less than advertised proce perhaps drop it a little and see what happens - market is slower but there are always people people 300aud, 600aud and even 1000aud a wk Fingers crossed Good luck . You heading back to UK ? Not enjoying it here ?
Old May 19th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by obogk
hi there you are definitely right in saying you get what you pay for we viewed properties between 390aud -650 aud and the standard was noticeable. We have just signed for a house in Hillarys and paying 50aud less than advertised proce perhaps drop it a little and see what happens - market is slower but there are always people people 300aud, 600aud and even 1000aud a wk Fingers crossed Good luck . You heading back to UK ? Not enjoying it here ?
Yeah - I'm going to contact the agent on Monday and see if we can arrange to drop the price and cover the outstanding...beats paying our UK mortgage plus $640 a week on this place. As for going home - missed the UK/friends/family since we arrived here...always knew we'd be going home but still thought we'd stay at least a year. Got our reasons for going sooner but it's been an experience..and one I don't regret at all... everything happens for a reason eh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.