Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

Originally Posted by Hutch
God, give it rest - it was a joke. As soon as anything remotely 'anti-oz' gets posted in here, you can hear the distant patter of tiny feet as the dour residents of the doom-and-gloom-room gather up their skirts and rush into the fray to defend the honour of their oppressed brothers and sisters. You remind me of those fringe groups you used to get in the 1980s - 'One-legged lesbian tin miners against fox hunting' and the like - always banging on about being put-upon.
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
An' taken as a joke, too <g>. We Zummerzetonians do 'ave a sense of humour.

*I* thought it was Berry funny....
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

Unfortunately I don't at the mo Sorry Hutch, I shouldn't take my frustrations out on you or anyone else. I know you were just having a laugh. My bad.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:51 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
God, give it rest - it was a joke. As soon as anything remotely 'anti-oz' gets posted in here, you can hear the distant patter of tiny feet as the dour residents of the doom-and-gloom-room gather up their skirts and rush into the fray to defend the honour of their oppressed brothers and sisters. You remind me of those fringe groups you used to get in the 1980s - 'One-legged lesbian tin miners against fox hunting' and the like - always banging on about being put-upon.
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

So funny in fact, you had to post it twice
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

mumof5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
Yeah, I've been trying but just can't seem to see the fascination, I have been keeping an open mind, travelling all over the area and speaking/hanging out with locals (even the ones who have "done" Europe admit Perth is boring)

It reminds me of the Hans Christian Andersen story "The Emperor's New Clothes".......
That's Australia
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:14 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mumof5
That's Australia
Well, already decided to leave at end of 2008, not sure where yet.
Glad I came and saw it though, need to get down to Melbourne and across to Sydney and visit the red centre before I leave.
Something for everyone I suppose but Aus isn't for me.
I fancy the US or canada next.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:16 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Well, already decided to leave at end of 2008, not sure where yet.
Glad I came and saw it though, need to get down to Melbourne and across to Sydney and visit the red centre before I leave.
Something for everyone I suppose but Aus isn't for me.
I fancy the US or canada next.
Go to Tokyo.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Go to Tokyo.
Yeah, Tokyo would be pretty cool. Need to move where I can work though.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:34 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, Tokyo would be pretty cool. Need to move where I can work though.
Seriously, I enjoy Perth but I am in my 40s and have a family. It would be different if I were young and single. I'd probably move to Fremantle and hang out there - seems to be a bit more "grown up" than Northbridge.

Japan is great if you're young, free and single. Lots of opps in education, law and IT.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:44 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary.Edinburgh
Once in australia has things lived up to your expectations?????????????
Jobs, lifestyle, schooling, housing, cars, friends, etc
Came here wanting something different and got it.
Didn’t expect anything out of Australia, life is what YOU make it where ever you live; we didn’t expect an Aussie way of life to be handed us at the airport.
It takes hard work and patience, but it can be worth it, we have some of the best friends and have the opportunities to do so many wonderful things.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:48 am

Yeah, I'm in my early 30's, not single but no kids and in retrospect most of the people telling us Perth was the place to be were older than us with young families. If that was the case I can see the attraction then with Perth, but I'm a few years away from kids and settling down yet.
Don't get me wrong, I like the sunshine, the more laid back attitude and let's face it the "rising crime" here is nothing compared to the UK.
I'm in the engineering (oil) industry so that restricts where I go.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

In response to the original question............

Australia (specifically Melbourne) has completely exceeded my expectations beyond any expectations I didn't dare to have.

err does that make sense?

Buzzy
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Its been all we expected and even more.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Its been all we expected and even more.
I'm also a SA to UK to Oz person, was in London 2 yrs, Scotland 15 and came here 2 yrs ago. What about you?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
In response to the original question............

Australia (specifically Melbourne) has completely exceeded my expectations beyond any expectations I didn't dare to have.

err does that make sense?

Buzzy
I totally agree, it caters for whatever mood I'm in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.