Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:45 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

What roo mean by that?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:54 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wallaby sure I'm comfy. Proceed.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:58 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Listen to her with her Ayres and graces,giving me loadsa barrier!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:03 am

Uluru'd better be careful, or you'll be up Wet Beaver Creek without a paddle!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:09 am
kopites are gobshites

MY god,is that near Innuendo city?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:17 am

No, closer to here I think
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:20 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

No, I believe you take the thigh road and go straight on where it splits......
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:23 am

Ozzie drivers!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gary.Edinburgh
Once in australia has things lived up to your expectations?????????????
Jobs, lifestyle, schooling, housing, cars, friends, etc
Jobs - No, much worse off than in UK, has taken me almost 7 years to crawl back to 70% of where I was.

Lifestyle, excellent, in terms of outdoor activities and sport, is much fitter that I ever was in the UK. In terms of cultural activities, No, I desperately miss the cultural aspect of being in Europe, and avidly download UK TV from uknova any chance I get.

Schooling: Jury is still out, we had a shocking start with our first child into a state school which was quite poorly managed, I see 26-27 year olds who can't spell , and one even thought that the Normandy Landings happened in Germany I am suspicious that the curriculum here does not match the UK A'level nor the Irish one

Housing, is more expensive as a ratio to income than the UK, but you do get some fab houses, it all depends on location.

Cars are a joke here, 3 year old 2nd hand liberty 38K, New Liberty 41 K ???? whats going on ?

Friends: have much fewer than UK, have some great aussie true blue friends, and some brilliant Irish and Greek, most are immigrants tho'

Big positive for me personally is Aviation, I've managed to almost change career whilst reducing the risk, seen a bucket load of the country (some good - Torres Strait, some Bad - NT) and had wonderful experiences.

I still miss Europe tho' and the Media here in OZ is just woefully poor. It's insulting at times and I wonder what our children will be like if they are exposed to this type of influence.

oh, and I forgot the one big difference, Tax and nanny state regulations, if you think that the UK is bad, come to OZ where accountants are lauded as some form of supermen and Tax is so convoluted that Billionaire Media Barons and the Head of Macbank pay less than a sparky in the Western suburbs........... , and Oz, ? a meritocracy it ain't!

Last edited by deryans; Mar 6th 2008 at 1:46 am.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:36 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Didn't realise the Daily Mail did a Southern Highlands edition ...
I'm sure you get the Southern Highlands News, too. Or can't they read down the hill? <g>
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I'm sure you get the Southern Highlands News, too. Or can't they read down the hill? <g>
Repeat after me Wol "must only say good things about Aus, Aus is perfect" for an hour a day until you've brainwashed yourself into believing it. Then, you won't get called a whingeing pom or other attempted barbs disguised as "jokes" for daring to have an opinion contrary to the Godzoners.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:46 am
kopites are gobshites

hear hear(whinge whinge)
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
<somerset accent>We're just a bunch of inbred bogans down this 'ere 'ill Mr Rog, beggin' your pardon kindly</somerset accent>

Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Repeat after me Wol "must only say good things about Aus, Aus is perfect" for an hour a day until you've brainwashed yourself into believing it. Then, you won't get called a whingeing pom or other attempted barbs disguised as "jokes" for daring to have an opinion contrary to the Godzoners.
God, give it rest - it was a joke. As soon as anything remotely 'anti-oz' gets posted in here, you can hear the distant patter of tiny feet as the dour residents of the doom-and-gloom-room gather up their skirts and rush into the fray to defend the honour of their oppressed brothers and sisters. You remind me of those fringe groups you used to get in the 1980s - 'One-legged lesbian tin miners against fox hunting' and the like - always banging on about being put-upon.
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:28 am
kopites are gobshites

Thats why tin mining went bust,they didnt have a leg to stand on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.