Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

Originally Posted by this charming man
No, Perth sucks,try a visit to the dentist for root canal work first,the ancient Readers Digest in the waiting room are more exciting than W.A.
If you are thinking of Western Australia,buy a sunbed in Milton Keynes,dont get Sky TV,halve your wages, shop at Aldi,rent dvds every night(watch them on your home cinema screen from Harvey Norman/PC World) and get a season ticket at your local off-licence/bottle shop .
There you go,ive saved you the journey!
You poor darling!! Just move eastwards towards Melbourne and you'll be happier I promise you. The people are more worldly here but the one thing I can't promise you is good TV. You have to get foxtel and save on the dvd's!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:20 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

No, Perth sucks,try a visit to the dentist for root canal work first,the ancient Readers Digest in the waiting room are more exciting than W.A.
If you are thinking of Western Australia,buy a sunbed in Milton Keynes,dont get Sky TV,halve your wages, shop at Aldi,rent dvds every night(watch them on your home cinema screen from Harvey Norman/PC World) and get a season ticket at your local off-licence/bottle shop .

Don't agree but this did make me laugh!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:22 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Im on my way,i lived in Noble Park/Keysboro in 1991,please dont tell me they still point at planes? "Iron bird in sky!" etc etc
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:39 pm

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: has it lived up to expectations AUSTRALIA

I'm with you on this one TCM, I didn't expect it to be like the UK but FFS, this is 2008 not 1988. Got a flat in Perth city centre, went for a wander at 4pm on a Saturday & wondered where all the people were and why everything was closed. Ended up sitting in Irish bar until closing time (10pm on a Sat night!!) 'cos there was nothing else to do. Went to Northbridge the week after and thought I'd been transported to some tacky part of Benidorm or Tenerife. The supermarkets are terrible and from 20 years ago in the UK i.e. close at 5pm except Thursdays, taxis never turn up when you call them. The cost of living is definitely not cheaper here, looked at houses but they are definitely of a lower standard for the price you pay. Real estate agents are seedy and very USA with big cheesy grinning pictures of themselves everywhere, yes the beach and weather is nice but after a couple of months of going to the beach it gets a bit tedious
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

i live in perth and i love it
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:47 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Brother,we are not alone.................. There are thousands of us out there,only you and i have come out of the closet(for now),be patient,theyll come to confession soon enough.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary.Edinburgh
Once in australia has things lived up to your expectations?????????????
Jobs, lifestyle, schooling, housing, cars, friends, etc
Hi there, we started a blogsite from when we first got here in 2004 - things certainly haven't been easy - at one point we thought the family would have to split, with hubby having to return to the UK to work. Things panned out tho. As bixxy said, came with no expectations, anything good thats happened has been a bonus

www.glittababe007.blogspot.com
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gary.Edinburgh
Once in australia has things lived up to your expectations?????????????
Jobs, lifestyle, schooling, housing, cars, friends, etc
For sure.....even better!!!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Im on my way,i lived in Noble Park/Keysboro in 1991,please dont tell me they still point at planes? "Iron bird in sky!" etc etc
Don't know about that area, we're in Williamstown, nice place and only 20 mins to the city.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:11 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Love it, feels very normal living here on the GC. Isn't this what life is supposed to be like ?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:15 am
kopites are gobshites

New thread alert! "What is normal????????" discuss............
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:19 am

ha ha!! can you define something by describing what it isn't?

Life in NZ wasn't normal .
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:22 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Brother,we are not alone.................. There are thousands of us out there,only you and i have come out of the closet(for now),be patient,theyll come to confession soon enough.
Yeah, I've been trying but just can't seem to see the fascination, I have been keeping an open mind, travelling all over the area and speaking/hanging out with locals (even the ones who have "done" Europe admit Perth is boring)

It reminds me of the Hans Christian Andersen story "The Emperor's New Clothes".......
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:34 am
kopites are gobshites

Silence please Nerine,court in session.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:41 am

Silence please Nerine,court in session.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.