Reload this Page >

BE has crushed our dream... or saved us

BE has crushed our dream... or saved us

Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

kaysnjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BE has crushed our dream... or saved us

Originally Posted by turkey12903
yep tra was no problem... however means nothing when getting a licence to work...... its just for visa

here is a quote for tra:-
Thank you for your recent enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).
TRA does not issue ARTCs for Plumbers and Gasfitters. We also can not help you with licensing. If the info you need is not on the Office of Fair Trading website then you should try phoning them. Their number should be on the web under contacts.
So basically once the tra approve you, you then apply for your visa and if you get that, your off, BUT then when you get there you have to apply for licenses in order to get employed in Oz and these licenses are where your problems really begin.:scared:
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaysnjack
So basically once the tra approve you, you then apply for your visa and if you get that, your off, BUT then when you get there you have to apply for licenses in order to get employed in Oz and these licenses are where your problems really begin.:scared:

Basically yes

Although it's not as hard as it sounds half the time, depends a lot on which state you are going to. South Australia is the easiest one
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
Basically yes

Although it's not as hard as it sounds half the time, depends a lot on which state you are going to. South Australia is the easiest one
My partner doesnt have any qualifications just 10 years work experience and an incomplete city and guilds, although this should be ok for the TRA maybe not ok for license people in Brisbane. Thank you for your response, I have only just joined the forum and am finding it really interesting, although also lots of negatives that scare me!! We are hoping to go to Brisbane.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My partner doesnt have any qualifications just 10 years work experience and an incomplete city and guilds, although this should be ok for the TRA maybe not ok for license people in Brisbane. Thank you for your response, I have only just joined the forum and am finding it really interesting, although also lots of negatives that scare me!! We are hoping to go to Brisbane.

What job does you OH do?

For electricians you need to do an exam, then with that certificate and the the one you get when you get here from the TRA (The ARTC, not your skills assessment) you apply for the licence. So lack of formal qualifications in the UK won't make any difference.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
What job does you OH do?

For electricians you need to do an exam, then with that certificate and the the one you get when you get here from the TRA (The ARTC, not your skills assessment) you apply for the licence. So lack of formal qualifications in the UK won't make any difference.
He has worked as a welder for 10 years and as an unqualified plumber for the past 2 years.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:24 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

He has worked as a welder for 10 years and as an unqualified plumber for the past 2 years.
many jobs for a welder not requiring certification, although some do. i passed tra as welder 1st class and have a job to go to. i am a stainless steel fabricator but there is no classification on modl for this so went with welder. i will apply anyway to artc, for future jobs.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mmm, I'm not all that familiar with the process for either of those jobs. Here's a few links for you to look at though.

Migrants assessment for ARTC (you'll need this for welder, but I don't think you do for plumber. Check it out anyway, e-mail them and they'll tell you if you need one or not)

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...HEHINT=Guest#1

Queenslan licencing http://www.detir.qld.gov.au/ Again e-mail them for the requirements and they'll tell you exactly what you need to do.

Also anything specific you need to know, post a new thread and ask away.