Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Tim and I went with them and had no problems. They got our visas no worries and everything was done quickly and efficiently. I have heard it said on this forum that it depends on what agent you are assigned, so it is luck of the draw.

Katie
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:43 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YFitz
the guy dealing with our case had left and nobody had taken over from him. ..
Was that Ross by any chance? Almost exactly the same things happened to us. Documents lost, wrong things asked for, dissapearing staff and re-starting agin, 3 different agents etc...... If your case is relativly simple, do it yourself and save your money!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:54 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

it's always a tough call... hire an agent or not.... Personally we wouldn't have gotten ours without professional help... Also we can't recommend George Lombard highly enough. His knowledge of the law and internal processes within dimia were very impressive...
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Was that Ross by any chance? Almost exactly the same things happened to us. Documents lost, wrong things asked for, dissapearing staff and re-starting agin, 3 different agents etc...... If your case is relativly simple, do it yourself and save your money!
We had Ross and he left and our case was taken over by Rosie. I guess we were really lucky then. Rosie was lovely answered my emails pretty much straight away and our case was handled well.

Mind you I have emailed her since we arrived here to ask about citizenship forms for Ezekiel, for when he is born and got no reply. They said in their bumph that they would help you with citizenship issues when you have moved to Oz.

Katie
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Mind you I have emailed her since we arrived here to ask about citizenship forms for Ezekiel, for when he is born and got no reply. They said in their bumph that they would help you with citizenship issues when you have moved to Oz.

Katie
For a child born in Australia to PR/citizen parents:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf

As far as I know the fee is AUD55. Check this at 131880.

Regards
Jeremy
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I suppose that depends on what advice you are asking for, OE Visas are a company that helps you get your visa, they are not relocation experts. I would say that the best place for free advice is on here, always someone that has done it and got the t-shirt lurking about
don't be so prosumptious,they have services available free of charge
to people who have done business with them on a range of topics,
from employment to house rentals,they are just not as forthcoming
with information once visa has been issued,believe me i'm talking
from experience.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
For a child born in Australia to PR/citizen parents:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf

As far as I know the fee is AUD55. Check this at 131880.

Regards
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy I phoned the Aussie citizen advice line, they sent me the form. I had heard it cost $55. The Aussie government looking more money off us

Katie
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:59 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

hi there dont know much about them but i do believe you should allways use an agent, i went with a very well known reputable company called visa go run by darren and deanne chatt they are also from edinburgh they are allways there day or night if anything goes wrong thats the best thing about using an agent, visa go has a 99% success rate we have passed our tra now waiting to go for medicals and x rays over the last few yars two of my friends got in also. its worth looking into. the site is via.go.com 0131 447 8585 they also sponsor a website called aussie move .com
hope you have good luck in finding a good company.
see ya
john docherty..
Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:21 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

We had Ross and he left and our case was taken over by Rosie. I guess we were really lucky then. Rosie was lovely answered my emails pretty much straight away and our case was handled well.

Katie
Yes, we eventually got Rosie too and I must admit, she was great. But we had to endure 2 1/2 years of bad service before that. By the time we met Rosie, we had been through 3 other agents and a whole heap of trouble. They told us at 1st that their service would include all sorts of guidance and advice. All they did was fill in the paperwork - loose all the paperwork - get me to re do all the paperwork - send it off and then I made all the follow up calls when they did nothing. The only reason we had a sponser interview is because we arranged one! When I mentioned that their service was not worth the money we were paying....we got a lecture of abuse...that eneded in being shouted at that we were lucky that we were even applicable to go and others would never get that far. I truly resented any money I ever paid to them over and above Rosie's wages!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

We are using OE Visas and are nearing the end of the process. Hope to hear the visa is granted over the next couple of weeks.

We have found them to be very helpful. Guidance over the TRA was absolutely fantastic. Some people choose to use them just for that purpose.

Cost just over £2000. We lead very hectic lives and we found them to be invaluable.

We also dealt with Rosie.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hooperhome
We are using OE Visas and are nearing the end of the process. Hope to hear the visa is granted over the next couple of weeks.

We have found them to be very helpful. Guidance over the TRA was absolutely fantastic. Some people choose to use them just for that purpose.

Cost just over £2000. We lead very hectic lives and we found them to be invaluable.

We also dealt with Rosie.
Maybe that is the key if you go with them make sure Rosie is your agent, if not forget it.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
Good or bad - any advice welcome please!!
im from edinburgh and i did it myself! and to be honest didnt know of any in edinburgh!!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Greigrob is on a distinguished road

We are nearing the end of the process now with OE(just sent our meds and pcc away), All I can say is things have improved dramatically since the beginning with regards to communication etc...!!!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

sinead is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
Good or bad - any advice welcome please!!
We used them and found them very helpful on every occasion, emails answered promptly.
We don't have our visas yet, but at are last stages where medicals have been requested.
So far so good, they are approachable, ok expensive but I thought worth it to ensure all i's were dotted and t's crossed - paranoid - but if your gonna do it do it right!!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe that is the key if you go with them make sure Rosie is your agent, if not forget it.

Unfortunately, in our particular case we didn't have a choice, and had to deal with various people, although we had been led to believe that we would be given one contact point from start to end. Towards the latter stages, we had more success contacting DIMIA directly to get updates on how our visa application was progressing, and in fact we found out (in advance of our agent) that our visas had been granted.

I have heard many people saying that DIMIA don't actually like you requesting updates directly (and it can have a negative effect on the application process), but luckily we had a really nice case officer at Adelaide who was very happy to talk to us and communicate via email. (and after over two years on what was a very straightforward application, we were understandably desperate to know what was going on!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.