Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Go Matilda or thinking Australia?

Has anyone used Go Matilda or thinking Australia?

Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:27 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Has anyone used Go Matilda or thinking Australia?

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, and i am pleased to read most of them are more than happy with his services.
but are they?

as i've said before, we're discouraged from posting any bad experiences.

i'm not trying to sh*t stir here, just point out that comments tend to be very one sided.[/QUOTE]

Hi
look I'm not that shallow---- If I was getting a bad service from Go Matilda I would give Go Matilda a shit review and give them both barrel's as I have no allegiances to Go Matilda and as I am the customer ie paying the bills
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone used Go Matilda or thinking Australia?

Yes, and i am pleased to read most of them are more than happy with his services.
but are they?

i'm not trying to sh*t stir here, just point out that comments tend to be very one sided.[/QUOTE]

If your not trying to stir shit, whats that wooden spoon in your hand
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:51 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by connollys.home
but are they?

i'm not trying to sh*t stir here, just point out that comments tend to be very one sided.
Hi
look I'm not that shallow---- If I was getting a bad service from Go Matilda I would give Go Matilda a shit review and give them both barrel's as I have no allegiances to Go Matilda and as I am the customer ie paying the bills[/QUOTE]

BUT I had a bad experience from an agent and I was advised that not only should I not post about it but that I shouldnt even PM people about it as I could get "done" for it!

How is that fair?

(agent in question was not Go Matilda by the way)
Old Aug 29th 2005, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roofman
We are at the early stages and was wondering if any of you had used these agents? We would appreciate a little feedback before we spend our money(hopefully on the right one!) Also we have seen a lot of positive stories about life in Bris, does anyone have any nightmare stories?? Must be something to balance the story.
We started our final application August 2004 (using Go-Matilda) after first getting approval about TRA.
Well we arrived in Melbourne 31/7/2005.
Yes there were some hiccups along the way but we were satisfied with the service provided. Will let ya all know how we get along in a month or so when we stop shopping!!!!!
Good luck to all that are trying.
Regards Chris and Andrea (Ex Halifax now Melbourne)
Old Aug 29th 2005, 10:28 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

BUT I had a bad experience from an agent and I was advised that not only should I not post about it but that I shouldnt even PM people about it as I could get "done" for it!

How is that fair?

(agent in question was not Go Matilda by the way)
Libel laws are very complex and differ from country to country. However, there is one basic tenet that is valid everywhere: You cannot get *done* for a statement that is true, i.e. factually correct.

For an idiot's guide to UK libel laws, see here: http://www.urban75.com/Action/libel.html

The reason that boards such as BE discourage you from posting your negative true experiences, is because BE can't check if what you're posting is true or false. And, in any libel action, it isn't just the writer who gets sued, but also - potentially - the owner of the board and the ISP. Therefore, for BE it's safest if they simply disallow any negative postings about agents, or - if someone posts something negative - delete it as soon as possible.

BE can't "see" PMs (as far as I know), and - as said above - if you're sure of your facts, there is no reason why you can't PM or email someone the details. You can't get *done* for something you say that's true.

Gina
Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Libel laws are very complex and differ from country to country. However, there is one basic tenet that is valid everywhere: You cannot get *done* for a statement that is true, i.e. factually correct.

For an idiot's guide to UK libel laws, see here: http://www.urban75.com/Action/libel.html

The reason that boards such as BE discourage you from posting your negative true experiences, is because BE can't check if what you're posting is true or false. And, in any libel action, it isn't just the writer who gets sued, but also - potentially - the owner of the board and the ISP. Therefore, for BE it's safest if they simply disallow any negative postings about agents, or - if someone posts something negative - delete it as soon as possible.

BE can't "see" PMs (as far as I know), and - as said above - if you're sure of your facts, there is no reason why you can't PM or email someone the details. You can't get *done* for something you say that's true.

Gina
Ooooooh Gina.......I go weak at the knees when you talk legally

Very valid points though.
We do tend to forget that what we write on the forum or in emails is subject to normal litigation laws. The ether of the internet is not imune so be sure of your facts. If you are then be outspoken but accept that the BBS may have to edit at times......and it isn't necessarily because they don't like what you say. They have to be safe, not sorry.

Soapy you are a sot