Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone used crown relocators?

has anyone used crown relocators?

Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:15 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default has anyone used crown relocators?

hello

got a quote from crown for a container 5 cubic foot £350 shipped door to door, i thought this was good price and think i will go for it, as only taking personal effects and no furniture.

Just wondered if anyone else has used them and if they were any good??

thanks

laura
xxx
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:48 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone used crown relocators?

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello

got a quote from crown for a container 5 cubic foot £350 shipped door to door, i thought this was good price and think i will go for it, as only taking personal effects and no furniture.

thanks

laura
xxx
That sounds like a good quote Laura - I would be interested to hear what the others think too. I think crown have quite a good name.

I only live in a 2 bedroom house so not sure how much storeage space i would need in a container - will be taking some furniture like bed frame and mattress, tables etc. Still debating whether to take big silver fridge/freezer and washing machine/ tumble dryer. I like the toploading Australian models, but would be a waste of money to get rid of the stuff i've got just now (especially as they were wedding presents)

Things sound like they are moving for you now Laura!!!!
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:58 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
That sounds like a good quote Laura - I would be interested to hear what the others think too. I think crown have quite a good name.

I only live in a 2 bedroom house so not sure how much storeage space i would need in a container - will be taking some furniture like bed frame and mattress, tables etc. Still debating whether to take big silver fridge/freezer and washing machine/ tumble dryer. I like the toploading Australian models, but would be a waste of money to get rid of the stuff i've got just now (especially as they were wedding presents)

I have recently used crown, and my stuff is still in transit, just a couple of months later than it should have been, Great salesman. PM me if you wanna know the full story.

Looks like thay are fantastic if you have a full container, propbably the best out there.

Personal oppinion on the washing machines but being as I do about 10 loads a day I'd say I am pretty well qualified to tell you just how crap top loading machines are. In my oppinion if you intend on wearting your clothes again one they have been washed don't put them in a top loader.
Kala
Old Dec 13th 2004, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I have recently used crown, and my stuff is still in transit, just a couple of months later than it should have been, Great salesman. PM me if you wanna know the full story.

Looks like thay are fantastic if you have a full container, propbably the best out there.

Personal oppinion on the washing machines but being as I do about 10 loads a day I'd say I am pretty well qualified to tell you just how crap top loading machines are. In my oppinion if you intend on wearting your clothes again one they have been washed don't put them in a top loader.
Kala
Why what happens? I used my Aunts toploader in Brisbane last year on holiday and i though it was great - really quick and clothes seemed ok! My washing machine at home takes 2 hours for a wash (thats the quickest setting!!!) its hopeless.

So your stuff has been delayed then with Crown? Will be interesting to see if everything arrives in one piece!

Lynn
Old Dec 13th 2004, 7:10 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

hello

Lynn, i love the avatar,but where is the dog??

All our furniture is crappy stuff or knackered so we arent taking any of it,but in this container, we should be able to fit everything else such as hoover, dinner sets, bedding,orniments,cds,books pictures, pc ...etc also our cheap but nice ikea dining table(if taken to bits).

If we had of had decent stuff and more time/money we would of taken everything, my auntie in perth said take everything, even washing machine and fridge but as my washer is on the way out, we diddnt bother, but you should if you have a good one.

Anyways, we have askedthe company tohelp with the costs of shipping so hopefully they might even pay for us

Jayeedee

ill PM you as soon as a get a chance
laura
Old Dec 13th 2004, 7:15 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Why what happens? I used my Aunts toploader in Brisbane last year on holiday and i though it was great - really quick and clothes seemed ok! My washing machine at home takes 2 hours for a wash (thats the quickest setting!!!) its hopeless.

So your stuff has been delayed then with Crown? Will be interesting to see if everything arrives in one piece!

Lynn
I have 3 top loading machines, ( I run a backpackers) none are particually old and all are of a good make, whirlpool etc, they use a ridiculous ammount of water and tear your clothes/sheets etc. they also dont wash properly, and clothes come out dirty and still with soap residue on them.

The government here in WA gives you $150 for buying a front loader instead of a top loader purely because they use so much less water. I cant say oif this is nationwide or not. You can buy a front loader for between $700 (for a good one on special) up to about $1500.

I know that top loaders are bigger and therefore should be able to wash more clothes in one go but I only put a few items in at a time cos they are so crap.

Once I safewly have my stuff here I'l let you know how my shipping went.

Kala
Old Dec 13th 2004, 9:08 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Not STILL waiting, are you Kala?

How's the hostel experience going - you don't have much time for postings any more! <g>
Old Dec 14th 2004, 4:54 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Not STILL waiting, are you Kala?

How's the hostel experience going - you don't have much time for postings any more! <g>
Fraid so 13 weeks yesterday and the ship only left southampton 2 weeks ago, it is suposed to arive in Freo on the 23rd December usually takes a minimum of 2 weeks to clear a part container but being as it is very handily arriving 2 days before xmas i have been warned up to 4 weeks, there is also a truck strike in WA over the xmas period (not there fault I know but had it been here on time then I would not have that added problem) so your guess is as good as mine as to the actual arival date. I think in total it will be about 18 weeks, not bad when I was assured it would be 6-12 max by the nice sales man who now denies saying anything of the sort and states that a shared container can never be on a guaranteed timescale.

Backpackers is goin well, everything except for the sheets which is why I am so peeed off about the container not being here as all the sheets are in it and it is adding an extra hour or so to my day each day.

Met so many great people and have learnt so much about different places in the world, the only problem is that I wanna go off with half of them on the next part of there journey. been out on the boat a few times, scurfing and being draged behind it on a sea biscuit (triangular rubber ring with a coat thing on it so the water doesn't go up the middle of the tube and give u an enemma)

My dad and a freind are coming over in Jan/feb and I only found this out last night so am very excited, My mum and her boyfriend are suposed to be coming out in march aswell so all very exciting.
My sister is still here with us, she is working in the local resturaunt so doing OK for herself, she is gonna hang in Gero untill mum has been and gone then head off on her travels so she has a bit of extra time to save up.
Totally hijacked someone elses thread so I'l get off here

Hope all goin good for you guys

Kala
Old Dec 14th 2004, 5:06 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

hello

thanks

laura
xxx
I used Crown for a part container load and found them very good.

Are you sure 5 cubic feet is all you need Laura? (Or have I misunderstood?) I took personal stuff only, admittedly a lot of books, records, CDs etc and ornaments, but I had 22 boxes which totted up to 75 cubic ft, about £590 plus insurance. I'd have thought 5 cubic feet would be not much more than one suitcase sized box.

You might want to try Excess Baggage for a quote; they shipped my last minute stuff by air freight which was expensive but everything went smoothly. I'm sure they also deal with small sea shipments.

Elaine M
Old Dec 14th 2004, 5:09 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by Elaine M

Are you sure 5 cubic feet is all you need Laura? (Or have I misunderstood?) I took personal stuff only, admittedly a lot of books, records, CDs etc and ornaments, but I had 22 boxes which totted up to 75 cubic ft, about £590 plus insurance. I'd have thought 5 cubic feet would be not much more than one suitcase sized box.

You might want to try Excess Baggage for a quote; they shipped my last minute stuff by air freight which was expensive but everything went smoothly. I'm sure they also deal with small sea shipments.

Elaine M
How long did you stuff take in total Elaine? I paid $1800 for 360 cubic feet door to door.

Kala
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Elaine M

Elaine M

Hi elaine,

as i am 5foot 2, i thought that 5 cubic feet would be a box of just under my height, also the lenght of my height, is this right or have i worked it out wrong? OMG!!!

Laura
xx
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:59 am
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Hi elaine,

as i am 5foot 2, i thought that 5 cubic feet would be a box of just under my height, also the lenght of my height, is this right or have i worked it out wrong? OMG!!!

Laura
xx
Laura,

I think 5 cubic feet would only be roughly 2 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet, or to think of it another way 1 x 1 x 5 feet. A box 5 x 5 x 5 feet would be 125 cubic feet.

Did your quote specify 5 cubic feet ?
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Pej
Laura,

I think 5 cubic feet would only be roughly 2 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet, or to think of it another way 1 x 1 x 5 feet. A box 5 x 5 x 5 feet would be 125 cubic feet.

Did your quote specify 5 cubic feet ?

oh no i have made a mistake OMG,OMG!!!

Thankyou forpointing this out,must ring them, as its far too small!!

back to the drawing board!!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:27 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky someone pointed that out to you Laura. I have suitcases bigger than 5 cu ft!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:07 pm

oops

Never even noticed that!!! thought that was a very competitive quote, no wonder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.