Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone used crown relocators?

has anyone used crown relocators?

Old Dec 14th 2004, 12:08 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: has anyone used crown relocators?

Originally Posted by worzel
Lucky someone pointed that out to you Laura. I have suitcases bigger than 5 cu ft!

yea, i'd of been stuffed when the little create arrived wouldnt i?!!LOL

Thought i'd got a bargin aswell LOL
Old Dec 14th 2004, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hi Laura

we had Crown round last week and we are also just shipping a computer, a bike and all our personal belongings ( clothes, photo albums, pictures, frames, bed linen) etc etc

the quote came in at £1800 which i think is a lot ( especially as a quote for everything from them - all furniture etc) was £3300. Its seems a lot for just a few boxes.

I know Crown have a good reputation and the bloke that came was great so am not sure what do at present.

I contacted Excess Baggage also but they dont send anyone round so I really didnt know how many boxes I would need. Anyway I roughly estimated it and their quote was only £600 but they dont pack anything- you have to do it all yourself. I am not sure I would be able to pack things well enough and I dont want to find everything smashed when I get there !!

Decisions, Decisions !!!!!

Oh well I have a couple of months yet so have time to decide.

Good luck with getting a new quote and try Excess Baggage.

Nat
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:33 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natty
Hi Laura

we had Crown round last week and we are also just shipping a computer, a bike and all our personal belongings ( clothes, photo albums, pictures, frames, bed linen) etc etc

the quote came in at £1800 which i think is a lot ( especially as a quote for everything from them - all furniture etc) was £3300. Its seems a lot for just a few boxes.

I know Crown have a good reputation and the bloke that came was great so am not sure what do at present.

I contacted Excess Baggage also but they dont send anyone round so I really didnt know how many boxes I would need. Anyway I roughly estimated it and their quote was only £600 but they dont pack anything- you have to do it all yourself. I am not sure I would be able to pack things well enough and I dont want to find everything smashed when I get there !!

Decisions, Decisions !!!!!

Oh well I have a couple of months yet so have time to decide.

Good luck with getting a new quote and try Excess Baggage.

Nat

Hi nat

thanks for the info, think i'll give crown a miss now too expensive . did get some other quoutes loads cheaper, you could try seven seas or pickfords, they quoted us £140 for 1st box and £40 thereafter, and £89 1st box and £45 thereafter......so we will prob use one of them.

let me know if you get any other good uns???
good luck
laura
xxx
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:57 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JayDeee
How long did you stuff take in total Elaine? I paid $1800 for 360 cubic feet door to door.

Kala
Hi Kala,

My stuff was picked up on 29 June and arrived in Adelaide about 7 August I think - before I did! I was going to get it all delivered to my sister's but decided 75 cu ft was too much to ask her to keep for me, so it went straight into storage in the end. No problem with any of the arrangements, well packed and delivered safely to my new house with only a few days notice.

For me Crown was the cheapest quote but I guess it depends on where you're going to and from; there's an office quite near where I lived in the UK and they have an office here in Adelaide so it was all straightforward.

Elaine M
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:23 am
1CC
Just Joined

1CC is on a distinguished road

Hi Laura,

We used Crown and found them excellent. They were on the more expensive side but they're packing and after sales support was good. We arrived last november and our container (which was due in Dec.)took longer than expected to clear customs. We eventually got our belongings at begining of Feb. We had no breakages and they returned, when asked, to pick up all the packing materials.

Good luck.

Colin
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: has anyone used crown relocators?

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi nat

thanks for the info, think i'll give crown a miss now too expensive . did get some other quoutes loads cheaper, you could try seven seas or pickfords, they quoted us £140 for 1st box and £40 thereafter, and £89 1st box and £45 thereafter......so we will prob use one of them.

let me know if you get any other good uns???
good luck
laura
xxx
Take some advise and dont do pickfords, had a shokker out of Johannesburg
Old Dec 16th 2004, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by The Druid

cheers,for the advice, i think ill try PSS,as they seem reasonable enough any thing i should know about them before i book??

laura
xxx
Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Crown moved our full house from West Yorkshire to Brisbane and they were fantastic at both ends. Everything went exactly as they said it would. Everything aarived in perfect condition. Cannot recommend them highly enough
hello

got a quote from crown for a container 5 cubic foot £350 shipped door to door, i thought this was good price and think i will go for it, as only taking personal effects and no furniture.

Just wondered if anyone else has used them and if they were any good??

thanks

laura
xxx
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Laura,

We're going with PSS. It's worth remembering that you can haggle with them about the cost. Hubbie called them after their quote came in and said that we were keen to use them, but that they were too expensive. So they knocked 100 squid off - just like that! Revised quote is now in the post and we expect to be sending the paperwork off to them next week to get ourselves booked in.

GG

cheers,for the advice, i think ill try PSS,as they seem reasonable enough any thing i should know about them before i book??

laura
xxx
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi Laura,

We're going with PSS. It's worth remembering that you can haggle with them about the cost. Hubbie called them after their quote came in and said that we were keen to use them, but that they were too expensive. So they knocked 100 squid off - just like that! Revised quote is now in the post and we expect to be sending the paperwork off to them next week to get ourselves booked in.

GG

thanks gorgie

i think i will call them out for a qoute for whole lot then and try to haggle, i also have a £50 voucher for them lying around somewhere....
ill call them on monday and ill let you all know how we get on

laura
xx
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

We had a quote from Crown for move from UK to Perth for 770Cubic feet of stuff, this came to £3800 door to door, we reduced the volume to 570 cu feet and the quote came in at £1089 door to door.....needles to say we are going with the more recent quote!!

We had 3 firms quote for us and Crown were by far the most professional, called the night before to confirm appointment next day was still ok. The lady from Crown spent 1hr 15mins assessing the stuff we wanted to take compared to 20 minutes by the other two firms.

Cheers

Paul
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

carlos1340 is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Crown, not the cheapest of quotes, but seemed a lot more professional. We also liked the fact that they are Crown at both ends(going to Brisbane), therefore they don't subcontract out and you only have to deal with one lot if things do go wrong. They came and collected our 20ft containers worth of stuff at the end of November, held it in storage for us for two weeks for free, and hopefully it should arrive and go through customs just as we finish our 5 weeks touring/walkabout/holiday.

Also Crown include the customs inspection charge, so that it gets done right away, without us having to pay out as soon as it arrives.

We'll let you know how we get on in about 7 weeks when in theory we will be reunited!

Carlos
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 7:10 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I have recently used crown, and my stuff is still in transit, just a couple of months later than it should have been, Great salesman. PM me if you wanna know the full story.

Looks like thay are fantastic if you have a full container, propbably the best out there.

Personal oppinion on the washing machines but being as I do about 10 loads a day I'd say I am pretty well qualified to tell you just how crap top loading machines are. In my oppinion if you intend on wearting your clothes again one they have been washed don't put them in a top loader.
Kala
We used Crown. Had loads of problems and it all got very stressful. I'm afraid they are not as good as they would have us all believe. Our goods took several weeks getting here, too, & their UK admin people are a TOTAL NIGHTMARE (Melbourne Admin people a lot better).

Be *very* wary, is what I'd say...

Anya.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

The government here in WA gives you $150 for buying a front loader instead of a top loader purely because they use so much less water. I cant say oif this is nationwide or not. You can buy a front loader for between $700 (for a good one on special) up to about $1500.

How does this work, Kala?
Does the $150 get taken off the ticket price or do you claim it back?
Cheers
Yv
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 11:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
I think you will find, Pickfords uk will do a better job than the jo,burg group, we have had some really bad jobs from, saf,pickfords and Stutterfords, they even employ armed guards to stop the loading crews from running off with the goods ................ mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.