Reload this Page >

Hangover....help !!

Hangover....help !!

Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:26 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hangover....help !!

Originally posted by sjn2003
Good advice. I have had it smeared on my cheekbones just under the eyes. Not a pleasant experience :scared:
Hope you feel better soon. I'm working on my hangover right now if you know what I mean!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert (even if I drink, I don't get a hangover, maybe I don't drink that much)
But don't you have not enough water in you after drinking?
So you should either drink lots before bed, or just drink lots now, It won't hurt anyway.
And you'll just have to wait. There's no cure.

good luck
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pookin
Hope you feel better soon. I'm working on my hangover right now if you know what I mean!
Wow ! Drinking at 10.50am is serious xmas hardcore.....then I noticed you are in Oz.....brain is not operating at full capacity at the moment
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:59 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sjn2003
Wow ! Drinking at 10.50am is serious xmas hardcore.....then I noticed you are in Oz.....brain is not operating at full capacity at the moment
LOL!

My Mum never drinks before 11am (family standard - nullified if catching earlier holiday flight!), so I could NEARLY have been having a lunchtime quoff!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 10:55 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

I always find a good old dose of Andrews liver salts works for me!! Can you get this in OZ I wonder??

Theresa
Old Dec 19th 2003, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

GengaKev is an unknown quantity at this point

2 bottles Lime bacardi breezer, ice cold first thing in morning, set you up for the rest of the day.....

I have no medical qualifications though, may not bbe advised by the BMA
Old Dec 19th 2003, 11:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Beechams used to make stuff called Resolve - it was a sort of yellow colour, and you dissolved the salts in water. Most disgustig thing I ever tasted but always worked on hangovers - if you can still buy the stuff, try that!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

the bacon sarnie also made me feel sick

so now going for spicy sausage pasta and gatorade

if that fails i think it will be time to turn to the stella

Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This is really disgusting, but it always works (hope no one is eating while reading this!!)- actually MAKE yourself be sick - keep retching till you manage it, then give yourself 10 minutes, then have a beer.
Maybe I'm just weird (stop nodding out there!) but it works - even half way through a drunken night out! One good throw and carry on.....

Pollyana the Pissed as a Newt!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:15 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
Beechams used to make stuff called Resolve - it was a sort of yellow colour, and you dissolved the salts in water. Most disgustig thing I ever tasted but always worked on hangovers - if you can still buy the stuff, try that!

Yep Resolve does work, best to take before you crash out though, or take first thing then go back to bed, its an age thing as well, never ever used to get Hangovers but now always wake up with one after a drink or three.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

tetley101 is an unknown quantity at this point

polyanna

ah the tactical chunder,

effective for reducing the hangover the next day but can be disastrous if chilli vodka has been consumed. the burning is worse than going to the loo after using tiger balm and not washing your hands:scared:
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

A "tactical chunder" - yes, I like that name for it! The ability to drink 6 pints of Stella, chuck up, and go back for the next 6....!!!!

I'll remember to steer clear of the chilli vodka though!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Strawberry milkshake always does it for me.

If I remember to have it before drinking too, it avoids the need for a tactical chunder.

Magical stuff.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
I agree - kind of a "kill and cure". You had to work up the courage to slug it down and that kind of made you forget the hangover a bit, then when the stuff actually went into you the hangover dissolves into a series of grimaces.

Do you still get it?
Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can still get resolve. I think they do a flavoured one now thats a bit more palatable. Doesnt work for me, horses for courses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.