Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hangover....help !!

Hangover....help !!

Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:36 pm
Seriously Senior Member

Blim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
A "tactical chunder" - yes, I like that name for it! The ability to drink 6 pints of Stella, chuck up, and go back for the next 6....!!!!

I'll remember to steer clear of the chilli vodka though!
When I was younger and went over the top, I tried drinking milk after drinking far too much - coagulates with the alcohol in your stomach and makes you puke... then you can recover!

(Larissa, not Blim... agggh)
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:52 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an expert in hangovers from hell. They seem to happen on days I am flying as well. Puking on the way to the airport and sticking mum in the checkin q to go and chuck was not my proudest moment.

I am talking about the ones so bad that food dos not stay down and water throws itself straight back out. The only thing that settles and rehydrates is red bull. I never drink it otherwise.

Falling asleep on the toilets at work helps a bit as well and is only possible with hangovers from hell.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

A can of coca cola and peanut butter on burnt toast, works bloody miracles, the toast bit comes from nursie wife, hang on shes just told me that it induces vomiting, yes i suppose that would work! or another bud down your neck.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 9:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
But don't you have not enough water in you after drinking?
So you should either drink lots before bed, or just drink lots now, It won't hurt anyway.
good luck
drinking copious amounts of water just makes it easier to throw up !! Another 'tactical chunder' for those of us not naturally gifted in this sort of thing. (cant make myself sick no matter how far I stick my fingers down my throat!!)

Sue
Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:11 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
drinking copious amounts of water just makes it easier to throw up !! Another 'tactical chunder' for those of us not naturally gifted in this sort of thing. (cant make myself sick no matter how far I stick my fingers down my throat!!)

Sue
If you have enough sense to tactically chunder or drink water then are not pissed enough.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:22 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
If you have enough sense to tactically chunder or drink water then are not pissed enough.

dont hold alcohol well - a couple are about all I can manage these days!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

uggh me 'ed urts and I ahven't even been to bed yet! plus I drank lots of fizzy water.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So we must all start whispering to stop Larissa feeling worse....sssshhhhhhhhh
Aren't you supposed to drink still water? Think the bubbles make you feel worse?!!!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 1:23 am

Aren't you supposed to drink still water? Think the bubbles make you feel worse?!!!

I can hear her groaning all the way up here!!!!

sue
Old Dec 21st 2003, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh no-one told me that - and here I am at 10 to 5, feeling sick and burpy... trying the milk thingy to line my tummy. I'm also feeling very embarrassed... and the kitchen/open plan diner stinks of fish coz Blim cooked trout last night... yuk.