Halls Head

Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default Halls Head

Just looking at different areas in Perth to potentially rent...

Would love to get your views on Halls Head as an area to live

Houses look nice and seems affordable

Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Halls Head

Hi ya.

We live in Halls Head , we have been here since last october, it is really nice, there is a new primary school , which is alot better than the school in the uk, we are a bit concerned about the high school though we have heard a few disturbing things so we will be looking around when the time comes, but the area is nice, near to the beaches, shops and wildlife , good luck with your move
michelle x
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ice mocha
Just looking at different areas in Perth to potentially rent...

Would love to get your views on Halls Head as an area to live

Houses look nice and seems affordable

Thanks
Halls Head isn't in Perth, it is in Mandurah which is about 70km or so away from Perth.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:32 am
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Hello

My sister lives there and I know a couple of friends from school's kids do. I think there's an old part and a new part where there's lots of new houses being built. Seems like a really nice area and v close to Mandurah.

If you're looking at Primary schools it depends on where you live as to which primary school they can attend (that's if it's a government school). My niece went to Glencoe which I'm pretty sure has a good reputation.

The beaches around there are good for swimming as there's a few bays with shallow water (some beaches around here can be more for surfing which means they're not great for swimming).

As for the High School - I don't think it has a great reputation but you can always try for the other schools in Mandurah.

Good luck
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

thank u everyone for your replies. i love new houses, so i guess the ones i've looked at are the "new" Halls Head

kids will be going to primary school

other than HH also looking at Secret Harbour..
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

I'll keep my eye on this post, we are also wanting to move to H/H in August. We visited there a while ago...seemed great.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We live south of HH in Dawesville. Personally i prefer Dawesville, as although a little further out we are 200m from one of the best beaches in the area, (we get a lot of people from hh swimming and boarding there) and have everything we need.
The houese are new and well built and slightly cheaper than hh. We live in a gated development of 30'ish houses and have a pool, spa and cabana between us, but since most are holiday homes we mainly have it to ourselves.
If you want to have a look, google "the pass dawesville" as i believe there are some for sale at present.
The only negative i would say about hh is that it is a bit like Rockingham and absaloutly full of brits - this may suit you, but it wasnt what we were looking for
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by verystormy
We live south of HH in Dawesville. Personally i prefer Dawesville, as although a little further out we are 200m from one of the best beaches in the area, (we get a lot of people from hh swimming and boarding there) and have everything we need.
The houese are new and well built and slightly cheaper than hh. We live in a gated development of 30'ish houses and have a pool, spa and cabana between us, but since most are holiday homes we mainly have it to ourselves.
If you want to have a look, google "the pass dawesville" as i believe there are some for sale at present.
The only negative i would say about hh is that it is a bit like Rockingham and absaloutly full of brits - this may suit you, but it wasnt what we were looking for
ooooo thanks a lot for that, will look at Dawesville!
umm.. never actually thought about the people as such.. dont make any difference to me to be honest, but would be nice to get a good mix of local more than anything
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:22 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

We live in Halls Head, moved here 6 weeks ago, from Glasgow. We really like it, the area is lovely (we are in the new bit), the school here is really good too. One thing worth noting is that you really need a car each if you are living here. My husband works and i'm at home with the baby - everything is very far away. The local supermarket is a 10-15 mins walk BUT you have to cross an unbeliveably busy road, with speeds like that of a UK motorway, with no traffic lights!

We are close to the beach and spend a lot of time there. We are only renting, but plan on buying land and building here!