Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hairs going grey, kids hate me, inlawa disown me and i am drinking too much!

hairs going grey, kids hate me, inlawa disown me and i am drinking too much!

Old Aug 25th 2003, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hairs going grey, kids hate me, inlawa disown me and i am drinking too much!

I really hope its all going to be worth it!!!
and i don't even send off for the visa till Jan 04!!
Just sold house, completion in next three weeks, both me and hubby just started new jobs, looking at rental properties, all cost double our mortgage! kids have to change schools, my hair is turning white ! (i'm 38) drinking far too much, but ... my head and heart are saying GO FOR IT!!

ELLEN1
Old Aug 25th 2003, 10:17 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hairs going grey, kids hate me, inlawa disown me and i am drinking too much!

Originally posted by ellen fedulow
Just sold house, completion in next three weeks, both me and hubby just started new jobs, looking at rental properties, all cost double our mortgage! kids have to change schools, my hair is turning white ! (i'm 38) drinking far too much, but ... my head and heart are saying GO FOR IT!!

ELLEN1
Just reading the header to your post sums me up hic. hic.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: hairs going grey, kids hate me, inlawa disown me and i am drinking too much!

You are just getting in practice for when you are here. You grey hair will fall out and you'll be bald too!!

Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Remember that feeling well!! I've got far more grey hairs now, but as Diane says I'm losing lots of hair too - must be moulting!!

Just keep calm, do things you have to do to get here but concentrate on enjoying your remaining time in the UK. See lots of friends and family and have fun!

Loopy
Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Loopy
Remember that feeling well!! I've got far more grey hairs now, but as Diane says I'm losing lots of hair too - must be moulting!!

Just keep calm, do things you have to do to get here but concentrate on enjoying your remaining time in the UK. See lots of friends and family and have fun!

Loopy
Yeah, I remember that thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ir+falling+out

has it started growing back yet?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Haven't got bald patches or anything, just seem to be losing way more than usual, very odd. Still happening to both my daughter & I, don't know whether it's llinked to change in climate, water, stress??? Who knows!

Why is it that more normal coloured hair drops out & not the grey ones???

Loopy
Old Aug 26th 2003, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Dunno but even hair dye isn't working on mine. My Morticia Adams malon streak is getting more vivid by the minute.

tick tock tick
Old Aug 26th 2003, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

ELLEN1

I know the feeling well!!
Why are you waiting till Jan 04 before you apply Ellen?
At least you have sold the house, which is one big hurdle.

Whisky
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

hi whyskey
i qualified as a social worker in July 03, for the 139 visa i have to have 6 months post qualifying work experience before i apply, the cool chill of the evenings is reminding me its not that far away anymore! been told the designated area sponsor route (139) can be quite quick, hence all the stress i am already getting, so much to do, but really can't start anything till Jan!!

cheers
ellen1
Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:40 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

ELLEN1
Hi Ellen

I feel exactly the same, but have gone into the rented, no garden, kids bored, teenager wants to chop me up into very small pieces!!!!!! friends are crying all over the place and I'm, not leaving untill Nov but it feels like I've been waiting forever, sorry, I cant brighten up your day, to busy winging, god I cant even spell these days, lets light up another, or even better have a very large portion of chocolate cake. Go For It things could be worse!!!!

Suz
Old Aug 26th 2003, 2:17 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Just sold house,
ELLEN1
Hi Ellen,

Just wondered, are the prices still going up in sunny Sandiacre/Beeston/Stapleford?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Janey
Good to hear from you, hope things are going well.

Would you believe that for a half decent semi (3 bed) in stabbo, sandiacre, beeston etc your looking at between £500 to £700 a month!
cor blimey i must be mad!

any way take care and keep that barbie hot for me!!

ellen1