Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another RPL Question!!

Another RPL Question!!

Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Another RPL Question!!

I am finally getting around to filling in my RPL application form. I am approaching Section 3 by explaining how and what I have learnt; so e.g. How I got started working with MS SQL Server (from MS Access), how I learnt to use it i.e. books + internet (with References of course) , how I have used it and in what projects. It its turning into a kind of story of my experience but it is strange writing it with different areas in isolation.

Is the kind of thing other people have done?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:30 pm
owieb

Default Re: Another RPL Question!!

Originally posted by scamp
I am finally getting around to filling in my RPL application form. I am approaching Section 3 by explaining how and what I have learnt; so e.g. How I got started working with MS SQL Server (from MS Access), how I learnt to use it i.e. books + internet (with References of course) , how I have used it and in what projects. It its turning into a kind of story of my experience but it is strange writing it with different areas in isolation.

Is the kind of thing other people have done?
Certainly is! I wrote somewhere in the region of 60 pages for my RPL. You'll find yourself repeating the samething over and over again, but that's what they want to hear.

I got an agent to help me with mine. I tried to do it myself to start with and thought it was really good, but the agent made me do it all again because I hadn't put nowhere enough information down.

Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:20 pm
earlswood

Scamp,

I agree totally with Owieb. Mine was about 60 pages and was completely repetitive. I covered 7 Core Bodies of Knowledge and each section was just a chronological breakdown of everythin I have done, the things and experiences learnt, the stuff I learnt from ie books, internet etc.

The other thing I did was include loads of supplementary documentation such as project plans, network diagrams etc.

I also agree that I could not have done it without seeing an example that our agent gave us. Good luck to you cause I found the whole process really painful.

Earlswood
:scared: :scared: :scared: