Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Haircuts- what are you paying?

Wikiposts

Haircuts- what are you paying?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:00 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of
Default Haircuts- what are you paying?

$30 here in Sydney the other day, and I'm male. No wonder the guy didn't have his prices up. I Couldn’t belive it. I used to pay $10 last year in Brisbane and the guy would do a top job.

OH paid $60 for a 1 inch trim recently, that only took ½ hour. Doctors get paid less. Who do these hairdressers think they are?

What are you paying? And Is it just me or is everything going UP and UP?

Today I saw rockmelon at the supermarket - 1 half for $3. Funny that, I was down at wollongong over the w/end and a fruitmarket was selling 3 whole ones for $2. I know fruitmarkets are cheaper, but that's just ridiculous.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haircuts- what are you paying?

Originally Posted by MD09
$30 here in Sydney the other day, and I'm male. No wonder the guy didn't have his prices up. I Couldn’t belive it. I used to pay $10 last year in Brisbane and the guy would do a top job.

OH paid $60 for a 1 inch trim recently, that only took ½ hour. Doctors get paid less. Who do these hairdressers think they are?

Today I saw rockmelon at the supermarket - 1 half for $3. Funny that, I was down at wollongong over the w/end and a fruitmarket was selling 3 whole ones for $2. I know fruitmarkets are cheaper, but that's just ridiculous.
The place i go has student hairdressers in evenings.cuts are free and for colour u just pay for the amount of colour used
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:27 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

$25 with tip for my favourite hairdresser
i'm happy with that

i get palpatations whenever the OH goes to the hairdressers
but what can you do?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:42 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Haircuts - what are they? 4 months since I last saw a pair of scissors. It's not so much the cost, although that is a factor. It's also my so far fruitless search for a good haircut. So far I haven't found Mr/Ms Right for my tresses, but I have been subjected to Mr/Ms WTF Have You Done.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:49 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
Haircuts - what are they? 4 months since I last saw a pair of scissors. It's not so much the cost, although that is a factor. It's also my so far fruitless search for a good haircut. So far I haven't found Mr/Ms Right for my tresses, but I have been subjected to Mr/Ms WTF Have You Done.
I worked as a hairdresser in the UK and also when we first arrived out here. Guys trims were $20, ladies trims $24 and for a ladies style cut it varied from $30 to $45 depending on the style. I as yet have only had one haircut since being here, I hate having it done and would love to be able to take my head off and do it myself. There are cheaper places around just as there are more expensive ones, Lyn Dines salons here on the gold coast charge $11, don't know what they're like cos never been in. Student haircuts can be great and are always cheap, sometimes free, but can also be very bad, depends how much experience they've got doing your particular style and also depends if the cut is checked afterwards by a senior. I've had juniors cut my hair in the UK in the past and never had a problem. Barbers around here I'd say average at about $20 for guys but there are always cheaper and always more expensive places to go.
Marie
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:02 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

$16 from Just Cuts - I only have a buzz cut so what can go wrong??!
Mich has just booked in a style and 2 colour for $200...:scared:
I think she should follow my style... (Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta anyone?!)
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:04 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I paid just $15 for a trim on King Street on Saturday. And she did a really good job too.

S
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I cut the boys hair, they only have a quick zap with the hair trimmers, so nothing too taxing.

Me and my daughter both had a haircut when we first got here too. I also did these myself :scared: Actually didn't do a bad job, quite suprised myself. My aunt asked how much I'd paid and said she'd have paid $50 for the same thing in the hairdressers.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:15 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Haircuts- what are you paying?

Free - Mrs Buzzy does it!

Before that £5 in Wardour Street, Soho, at a Barber's that shared it's entrance with a strip club!!! Always hoped no-one I knew saw me going in there.....

Buzzy
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Free - Mrs Buzzy does it!

Before that £5 in Wardour Street, Soho, at a Barber's that shared it's entrance with a strip club!!! Always hoped no-one I knew saw me going in there.....

Buzzy
likely story
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

I thought I'd done well when I found a good snipper here in Manly - ocean views, massage chairs, FREE PLONK (thur eve's) and great haircut for $60....... 3 months later they charge $90!!! WTF????
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
I thought I'd done well when I found a good snipper here in Manly - ocean views, massage chairs, FREE PLONK (thur eve's) and great haircut for $60....... 3 months later they charge $90!!! WTF????
probably summer price list
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:00 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it much cheaper here for a cut and colour - last time $140 - In the UK I used to pay 210 pounds (where is there a pound sign on this keyboard!!?)
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:04 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I find it much cheaper here for a cut and colour - last time $140 - In the UK I used to pay 210 pounds (where is there a pound sign on this keyboard!!?)
Geez, are there any advantages to being female?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:06 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Geez, are there any advantages to being female?
Yes - men buy us drinks and dinner and we can have multiple orgasms!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.