hair at home??

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Cool hair at home??

Im coming over to perth in the very neer future (awaiting the brown envelope) when i get there im hoping to do freelance hairdressing, very popular in scotland to have your hairdresser come to the house and weave his or her majic, so i know alot of expats will be interested BUT what about the naitives??

does anybody know if this is the done thing?? or am i the proverbial fart against thunder??

all help welcome!!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:09 am
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hair at home??

I'll be your first cutomer as my experience of hairdressers in Australia were they were not very good. First time I every had my hair highlighted was in Melbourne, and she put a really thick streak through the back of my hair, I noticed her face and asked her what was wrong and she was like "nothing", then eveybody mentioned it to me! At that time my hair was right down to my waist and I was not happy, so you will find you'll be in demand. We are heading to Perth also, probably next June/July. See you there
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yep its done here, but a couple of words of caution. *libel* and *insurance*
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:14 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
I must add another few words: *ABN* (Australian Business Number) and *Certificate of Registration*
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: hair at home??

Originally Posted by hevs
why the warnings?? not that i would go without them! is there likly to be loads of unhappy customers?? i thought all the ozzy's were happy chappy's!!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:31 am
Just Joined

sarahleaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
Im coming over to perth in the very neer future (awaiting the brown envelope) when i get there im hoping to do freelance hairdressing, very popular in scotland to have your hairdresser come to the house and weave his or her majic, so i know alot of expats will be interested BUT what about the naitives??

does anybody know if this is the done thing?? or am i the proverbial fart against thunder??

all help welcome!!
Hi steve'n'debi,
being completely computer illiterate and trying to fly one in SA Australia. I appologise upfront if i have replied incorrectly.
Anyway, given that i may be doing this right!, i am posting you for some hairdressing info as regards the TRA.
I am a qualified hairdresser (nvqlevel2) working in a men's hairdressing salon. Currently the last 8 months. I qualified in july 2000 after 2 years training and have been doing mobile ever since up until joining the salon i now work in.
Problem is, have no documentation of hairdressing work until salon employment, as mobile work was mainly a friends and family basis.
Whats your knowledge on TRA requirements for hairdressers.
I am looking to emigrate under the designated area sponsored route asap, no problems with that, but have a problem with meeting the TRA's requirements.
Would appreciate any help or advice you can offer.
Many thanks!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahleaman
Hi steve'n'debi,
being completely computer illiterate and trying to fly one in SA Australia. I appologise upfront if i have replied incorrectly.
Anyway, given that i may be doing this right!, i am posting you for some hairdressing info as regards the TRA.
I am a qualified hairdresser (nvqlevel2) working in a men's hairdressing salon. Currently the last 8 months. I qualified in july 2000 after 2 years training and have been doing mobile ever since up until joining the salon i now work in.
Problem is, have no documentation of hairdressing work until salon employment, as mobile work was mainly a friends and family basis.
I am looking to emigrate under the designated area sponsored route asap, no problems with that, but have a problem with meeting the TRA's requirements.
Many thanks!!!!
Do a quick search, me and others have done tonnes on this subject, then, any specifics, just ask away
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:41 pm
High in the Dandenongs

why the warnings?? not that i would go without them! is there likly to be loads of unhappy customers?? i thought all the ozzy's were happy chappy's!!
Not unhappy, just very American in ther "sueing" mentality. You need to have all eventualities covered, from dropping tint onto a carpet, to running over their cat or chopping their ear off :scared:
Old Sep 24th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: hair at home??

Originally Posted by sarahleaman
Hi steve'n'debi,
Many thanks!!!!
your best bet will be charactor references!! and customer references!

you have the certiricates i presume? so to prove the last couple of yeasr you should het 4 customers to write a letter saying they will vouch for you, then suppliers? are you on friendly terms with the wholesaler, even if noe they dhould give you a headed letter saying you buy stock from them. any wee things like that, as many as you can, get them copy'd then certified and that should cover you!!

i had to do all that to prove i was self employed the last 3 years!! good luck
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi steve and debs hi sarahleaman,i m a mobile hairdresser and nail technician and have worked for myself for the last 20yrs,ive been passed by the tra and we re waiting for police checks and meds now.I think its a bit more complicated when you work for your self,this is what i was asked for,i had to have been working at least 20 hrs a week for the last 3 out of 4 years,and because i couldnt produce a letter from my employer i had to produce numerouse letters of recommendation from clients detailing exactly what service i provided for them and how often,just to prove i could do as many different services as possible,i sent 20 letters, also had to produce at least 3 letters from suppliers to say that i had been a regular customer of theirs and for how long,i had to get a written and signed letter from my previous employer who trained me, detailing all the different things that i trained for together with a copy of my city and guilds certificate, and a copy of my apprenticeship contract ,i also had to get a letter from my accountant to say how long i had been self employed,although they didnt want to see accounts.i also sent in any other certificates that i had got over the years.Im sure its much easier if you just work for somebody else,having said that i fast tracked my tra and it only took exactly 12wks and between sending the application in for our visas and recieving requests for our police checks and meds it took 5wks.so it is worth the headache of getting all the information together before application so they dont have to come back to you and ask for anything else.

hope this is of some help to any of you guys out there who are thinking about sending an application in,

regards tracey.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sue happy.

Plus new laws from Healthplace work and safety require any HOMEOWNER!! employing anyone from a gardener, ironing lady, babysitter, pool man etc, to have Workcover Health and safety insurance. Something for every homeowner to think about that nice guy who mows your lawn can and will sue you for a packet if injured.

Such a laid back country right