Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hair Dye Salon DISASTER

Hair Dye Salon DISASTER

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hair Dye Salon DISASTER

Even though they are outrageous prices at home not to mention here think I will have to go to T&G
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:08 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tramway
If there are any UK hairdressers out there that can convert what my hairdresser wrote down for me into Ozzie speak please help.

The salon at home used Clynol:

Roots: 90 + 95 6% (20 vol)
Midlengths to ends: 95 3% (10 vol)

Think there may or may not be a decimal point between the 9 numbers above.
Please if you can help as really need to get this rectified.
Thanks
Clynol Viton S 9.0 is super light blonde, 9.5 is light copper gold blonde
Not sure of your natural colour, but 6 & 3% wont give much of a lift, it would only really add colour to what you already have.

Also you cant now just put those colours on top of what you have as it will look different again

Last edited by Kelli28; Apr 2nd 2010 at 11:11 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Even though they are outrageous prices at home not to mention here think I will have to go to T&G
Just thinking - hope you didn't pay them?!! If so march straight in and demand a refund and don't leave til you get it... then re-spend it getting it sorted!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kelli28
Clynol Viton S 9.0 is super light blonde, 9.5 is light copper gold blonde
Not sure of your natural colour, but 6 & 3% wont give much of a lift, it would only really add colour to what you already have.

Also you cant now just put those colours on top of what you have as it will look different again
Thanks kelli, will have to keep washing it out as best I can for the moment then be more armed with this info next time but def will not be going back to that last salon.
My natural colour is light/golden red(curly) or was, look more like an art student with a stall down Camden market at the mo
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shears
Just thinking - hope you didn't pay them?!! If so march straight in and demand a refund and don't leave til you get it... then re-spend it getting it sorted!
Can't do anything til Tuesday now anyway as they are shut but I'm very much a confrontation avoider, lack the bottle for it
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 8:42 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough

Thanks kelli, will have to keep washing it out as best I can for the moment then be more armed with this info next time but def will not be going back to that last salon.
My natural colour is light/golden red(curly) or was, look more like an art student with a stall down Camden market at the mo
Just read your posts.O.K. Your U.k. hairdresser is quite right 99% of the manufacturers have the same principle idea i.e the higher the number the lighter the colour the lowest number being the darkest however following the first number is another number this is the tone for example two different colours may have the same depth i.e the same level of darkness but completely different tones and each tone is tailored to the clients individual needs. A proficient colorist worth their salt would be able to visually analyze and choose the correct depth and tone to achieve the correct result.The mix you ex hairdresser used of 20vol roots and 10 vol mid longheads and ends is perfect. 10 vol is used for so called semi permanents to maximise longevity in the hair as it swells the cuticle less and keeps the hair less porous.But there is no such thing as semi permanent as they never completely fade from the hair leaving it as it was before colouring.
ALWAYS! have a free consultation with your hairdresser and ask them questions if they are proffesional they will be able to answer them no problem.
any more info pm me.