Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had an offer on the house

Had an offer on the house

Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:23 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had an offer on the house

Oooh! Congratulations. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Julie
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Seriously is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by worzel
The market seems to have really picked up around here South (Warwks). We had 4 viewings when we first listed 2 months ago then only 2 more in the last 8 weeks.

Then this week we have had 3 more. The first made an offer of £240K (we are asking £270K) after one visit but have increased to £250K after we rejected the first one. We were hoping for more but will go with that if nothing better comes along.

We are still waiting for feedback from the second viewer. But today's are coming for a third time having sold their house and we are hopeful of another (preferably better) offer.

It seems churlish to complain but the offer we have had so far is from a cash buyer and she wants us out asap. Which means I will have to stay in a hotel while I finish my contract at work and all sorts of other complications. I must be the only person on here hoping their house doesn't sell and complete too soon.

But one way or another it looks like we will be in Australia by the end of September. Brace yourself Perth!
As everyone on this forum has observed - it's a buyer's market and prices are falling. If I were you I would bite the hand off the cash buyer - if she finds out you are still accepting viewings and hoping for a better offer - she'll simply take her cash elsewhere. Take her offer, move out to suit her and make arrangements around it. If you lose her you might not get another offer for a year. This market is playing out exactly like 1989. It took 12 years for prices to recover.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:36 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Our buyer came round this morning (with her father) to measure up. I made sure everywhere was tidy as if it was a proper viewing just in case. Good news is that she is thinking of extending (which will annoy our miserable neighbour ), she is interested in some of the big stuff we are wanting to offload and best of all is actually looking to move in late August herself. So [touches wood] everything seems to be falling perfectly into place.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations ian and sam,your well on your way now

looking forward to saturday night got a policewomens hat for sam

tracey
Our buyer came round this morning (with her father) to measure up. I made sure everywhere was tidy as if it was a proper viewing just in case. Good news is that she is thinking of extending (which will annoy our miserable neighbour ), she is interested in some of the big stuff we are wanting to offload and best of all is actually looking to move in late August herself. So [touches wood] everything seems to be falling perfectly into place.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi Ian & Sam,

Excellent news....I really hope it all works out well....sounds like it's going in the right direction. Must be time for a and a relax??

Judith.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:24 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Worzel missed your thread first time round great news