Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had an offer on the house

Had an offer on the house

Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Had an offer on the house

The market seems to have really picked up around here South (Warwks). We had 4 viewings when we first listed 2 months ago then only 2 more in the last 8 weeks.

Then this week we have had 3 more. The first made an offer of £240K (we are asking £270K) after one visit but have increased to £250K after we rejected the first one. We were hoping for more but will go with that if nothing better comes along.

We are still waiting for feedback from the second viewer. But today's are coming for a third time having sold their house and we are hopeful of another (preferably better) offer.

It seems churlish to complain but the offer we have had so far is from a cash buyer and she wants us out asap. Which means I will have to stay in a hotel while I finish my contract at work and all sorts of other complications. I must be the only person on here hoping their house doesn't sell and complete too soon.

But one way or another it looks like we will be in Australia by the end of September. Brace yourself Perth!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Had an offer on the house

Originally Posted by worzel
The market seems to have really picked up around here South (Warwks). We had 4 viewings when we first listed 2 months ago then only 2 more in the last 8 weeks.

Then this week we have had 3 more. The first made an offer of £240K (we are asking £270K) after one visit but have increased to £250K after we rejected the first one. We were hoping for more but will go with that if nothing better comes along.

We are still waiting for feedback from the second viewer. But today's are coming for a third time having sold their house and we are hopeful of another (preferably better) offer.

It seems churlish to complain but the offer we have had so far is from a cash buyer and she wants us out asap. Which means I will have to stay in a hotel while I finish my contract at work and all sorts of other complications. I must be the only person on here hoping their house doesn't sell and complete too soon.

But one way or another it looks like we will be in Australia by the end of September. Brace yourself Perth!
Congrats on the offer but dont get too excited we have had an offer on ours twice now and then wham bam thankyou mam they have changed their minds.
I really hope it works out for you keeping everything crossed it all goes ok.

Debs xxxx
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

i nearly missed this one!!! congrats - keep us posted.

i am shocked however at the offers people are making these days!! jeepers 20k less is shocking. there were 3 other families after our house when we bought and so we paid full asking price - seems those days are over eh!?!?! :scared: :scared:
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Fantastic news...fingers crossed for you both.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:31 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Worzel,

so glad to hear you got an offer on the house.

Re the work contract: is there really no way of getting out of it? What would they do if you fell under a bus? (Get a new contractor in, of course.) Maybe, once you know for sure that the house sale is definite, you can say that for family reasons you're required in Australia (no need to tell them you applied for a visa and brought this move ot Oz onto yourself, LOL) and therefore have got to leave. What could they do to you??

Gina
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations . I'm so pleased for you. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Tracey
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats hope it all runs smoothly

Keep us posted

Sue
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Hi Worzel,

I have swapped threads. Brilliant news on the initial offer, but the people coming around for the 3rd time sound more promising. I do think 20k short of the asking price is a bit rich, don't give your property away.
But if push comes to shove then the offer is there !!

Thanks for all of the info on Adelaide coz that was a near 2nd to Perth for us, but it just didn't seem right, and you and others have confirmed it.

Keep us posted on the house sale and fingers crossed

Becky x
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:40 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Worzel

Thats great news for you,hope you have the SOLD sign soon also....

Ours went up yesterday (subject to contract)

Good Luck
Ang
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
Congrats on the offer but dont get too excited we have had an offer on ours twice now and then wham bam thankyou mam they have changed their minds.
I really hope it works out for you keeping everything crossed it all goes ok.

Debs xxxx

Some tosspots made an offer on our place. Two days later they changed their mind with the excuse "We decided it would be too far to drive Little Johnny to his school" Well, they didn't move the school during the week and my house hasn't moved." tosspots.

Then we had a couple view who said they were moving to the area because of the good schools and were going to discuss an offer with the agent. They then told the agent that our property was £100,000 more expensive than their existing house but didn't offer any better accomodation. Well what do they expect as they were living next to a council estate. Tosspots.

But the absolute was the lady who visited with the agent and all she wanted to see was the dining room. She had a 3.5 metre dining table and was looking for a house with a large dining room. The table would have gone in (just) so I said if she bought the place I would move the wall between the dining room and study and build an alcove so it would fit in comfortably with enough room for all dinner party guests. She told the agent that she wouldn't be buying it as the dining room was too small. Silly Cow. (I actually feel sorry for the poor agent in this case)
Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the offer, but hope you get a better one with your viewers who came yesturday.
Ours was originally up for £270K but we dropped the price to £260 and accepted an offer of £250 a few weeks ago as the buyers had sold theirs STC and wanted to be in quickly. They are buying alot of our stuff so at least we're getting a bit extra on top.

Everything seems to be going smoothly, and quickly, so will hopefully be in Perth within the next few weeks.

Keeping fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly

Tracy
Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:15 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

No your not the only one that is/was hoping you didnt sell to soon. Ive just accepted an offer on my house but they want me out by 31st Aug...did want me out sooner but I said I have to work til then which I do...but it leaves a 3 week gap with nowhere to live
Pain in the butt what am I gona do with my pets etc but Im going with it as I dont want to lose the sale...and 3 weeks isnt that long in the grand scale of things.its just a bit inconvienient
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peppi
No your not the only one that is/was hoping you didnt sell to soon. Ive just accepted an offer on my house but they want me out by 31st Aug...did want me out sooner but I said I have to work til then which I do...but it leaves a 3 week gap with nowhere to live
Pain in the butt what am I gona do with my pets etc but Im going with it as I dont want to lose the sale...and 3 weeks isnt that long in the grand scale of things.its just a bit inconvienient

Hey Peppi thats great news because last time we spoke you were stressed about not being able to sell (if i remember correctly??!!) so massive congrats to you!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Shandy is on a distinguished road

Conrats on the offer.

I'm sure it's been covered in detail before but it's no real suprise to get offers at the £250,000 if you're pricing it in what our agent is calling the dead zone (£250000 to £300000) because of the stamp duty thresholds.
£0 to 60,000 0%
£60,001 to £250,000 1%
£250,001 to £500,000 3%
£500,001 or more 4%

So £1 over £250000 and the buyer has to pay an extra £5000 to HM Gvmt. I wish it was more like income tax and only chargable at 3% for the amount over rather than the whole amount.

We're priced in the dead zone and deciding whether to drop to the magic £250000 threshold or sweat it out.

Neil
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:50 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hey Peppi thats great news because last time we spoke you were stressed about not being able to sell (if i remember correctly??!!) so massive congrats to you!!
Cheers Rooksie...yes thats right I was stressing about not selling you are correct...mad and most daft isnt it...now Im stressin about having to move out to soon..well not stressing too much..much more glad that I have a buyer actually to worry about what to do for 3 weeks...pitch a tent on Torquay seafront maybe...do ya think Id get away with it...ha ha ha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.