Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had Medicals Today!

Had Medicals Today!

Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Had Medicals Today!

Well where do i start?

I think the fact that we are £660 lighter is a good place.
2x adult meds and x ray,and hiv tests.
4 child meds ages 12,10,8,2
The 12 and 10 yr old both had xrays as well.The 10 yr old will be 11 in 2 weeks so she had to have one as well,so it was more money.

For the 2 yr old weight and height checked
For the 8yr old weight,height and eyes checked and wee sample.
For the 12 and 10 yr old as above but chest xrays(one for the ladies wear a plain cotton t shirt then you just have to remove your bra)and blood pressure taken.
Both hubby and i had all of the above with a breast exam for me and a exam for him.

my hubby has had op on his knee,emma has athsma,i have had a nasal polyp op they are all ok apart from
Chloe my youngest currently has a wee infection,and is on antibiotics.
We mentioned this to the dr who said that we needed a follow up?
Then he asked us for a sample from chloe,well taking a sample from a 2 yr old is fun as you can imagine.
Anyway then he asked for £15 for the privelige of taking it.bloody cheek ,we already know that she has an infection.And then they will charge us for the follow up at the hospital.anyway we are in limbo at the mo as what to do.

Do we let the forms go and then have them come back wanting more info or do we pay out more money privately?

Our appointment was at 11.05 and we got back at 3.25

So we are all shattered!and not very happy!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

cov kids will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Had Medicals Today!

Originally Posted by MJELNC
Well where do i start?

The 12 and 10 yr old both had xrays as well.The 10 yr old will be 11 in 2 weeks so she had to have one as well,so it was more money.

For the 12 and 10 yr old as above but chest xrays(one for the ladies wear a plain cotton t shirt then you just have to remove your bra)and blood pressure taken.
Both hubby and i had all of the above with a breast exam for me and a exam for him.

my hubby has had op on his knee,emma has athsma,i have had a nasal polyp op they are all ok apart from
Then he asked us for a sample from chloe,well taking a sample from a 2 yr old is fun as you can imagine.
Anyway then he asked for £15 for the privelige of taking it.bloody cheek ,we already know that she has an infection.And then they will charge us for the follow up at the hospital.anyway we are in limbo at the mo as what to do.

Do we let the forms go and then have them come back wanting more info or do we pay out more money privately?

Hi Mate

Was thinking about you all today. At least its all over and done with now. When have you got to take chole back to have her check up?

Michaela
XX
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:43 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I don't think the doctor will sign the forms off until he has all the info he needs. Ours didn't.

Had to get a copy of one piece of paper from hubby's doctor which cost £12 and took 2 weeks.

My doctor's receptionist told me my records were private and I should tell the Aus Government to stop being nosy .

A quick, and straight to the point, word with my doctor and I got about 20 pieces of paper the next day for no charge at all.

The panel doc then rang and said he was happy with everything and off the forms went to Aus.

Four weeks later, we got our visas.

Good luck!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Well where do i start?

Hi,

I think £660 will be chicken feed when you's get to where you're going. You'll look back and think it's all been worth it..................hopefully !!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info - been trying to establish for a couple of weeks exactly what is done and how much. Sorry you had a bad day, sure it will be worth it in a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:51 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

So we are all shattered!and not very happy![/QUOTE]

Hi Jo,
Sounds as though u had an awful day I was under the understanding that kids under 11 don't need anything we are in process of booking ours now..... where did you go ... so I can avoid them !!!!
sending K 4u
Jane xx
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton

Hi Jo,
Sounds as though u had an awful day I was under the understanding that kids under 11 don't need anything we are in process of booking ours now..... where did you go ... so I can avoid them !!!!
sending K 4u
Jane xx[/QUOTE]

Hi Jane,
We went to handsworth wood in birmingham.
Lauren had to have an xray because its her 11th birthday in two weeks time.
How are you getting on with the photos from the meet?
Thanks for the K

JO
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:17 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo,
sending K 4u
Jane xx

Hi Jane,
We went to handsworth wood in birmingham.
Lauren had to have an xray because its her 11th birthday in two weeks time.
How are you getting on with the photos from the meet?
Thanks for the K

JO[/QUOTE]

We had ours done at handsworth wood too.

Docs found blood in debs urine, and sent off for extra testing.

We told them we would wait for results and post them on to Oz if required.

They said nup we must wait for extra results to come back, and attach them in sealed folder. It did take 2-3 weeks.

We sent them off, and well we are here now. so its all good
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
oh dear you seemed to have a hard time at the doc's when we went with our kids our youngest the doctor never really done much just weighed him and checked his height he did not ask for a sample our daughter aged 9 did not have to have a x-ray and the doctor for our medical was quite good with the five of us so i guess it just depends on the doctor

Billy
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

gday MJELNC

We are ex coventry too !

Steve n Debs
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Bird is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner and I have just had our medicals done at The Bridge in Maidenhead. The staff there were really friendly - copious amounts of tea and coffee which helped with the samples!!

Anyway the trip left a £400.00 hole in our bank account
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:56 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done last Fri , Never had to get sample from our 4 year old maybe all docs are different,
Hubby had to have his wee retested as his showed blood in , this was done at our gps he just done a sample I dropped it at docs they tested it thanfully it was all clear they then faxed the results over (£10.50) all done!!
Cant believe he wanted sample from 2 year old!!

hope it all gets sorted

kris xx
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone,
thanks for all of the replies

I think we will just go to our own gp and ask him to do a follow up on her after she finishes her course of antibiotics and then forward it on to handsworth wood.
Then see where we go from there!

Jo
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

awww well done (for the wee sample lol)
good luck honey
hugs Lace x