British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Had Medicals Today! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/had-medicals-today-336234/)

MJELNC Nov 8th 2005 3:26 pm

Had Medicals Today!

Well where do i start?

I think the fact that we are £660 lighter is a good place.
2x adult meds and x ray,and hiv tests.
4 child meds ages 12,10,8,2
The 12 and 10 yr old both had xrays as well.The 10 yr old will be 11 in 2 weeks so she had to have one as well,so it was more money. :mad:

For the 2 yr old weight and height checked
For the 8yr old weight,height and eyes checked and wee sample.
For the 12 and 10 yr old as above but chest xrays(one for the ladies wear a plain cotton t shirt then you just have to remove your bra)and blood pressure taken.
Both hubby and i had all of the above with a breast exam for me and a exam for him.

my hubby has had op on his knee,emma has athsma,i have had a nasal polyp op they are all ok apart from
Chloe my youngest currently has a wee infection,and is on antibiotics.
We mentioned this to the dr who said that we needed a follow up? :confused:
Then he asked us for a sample from chloe,well taking a sample from a 2 yr old is fun as you can imagine.
Anyway then he asked for £15 for the privelige of taking it.bloody cheek ,we already know that she has an infection.And then they will charge us for the follow up at the hospital.anyway we are in limbo at the mo as what to do.

Do we let the forms go and then have them come back wanting more info or do we pay out more money privately?

Our appointment was at 11.05 and we got back at 3.25

So we are all shattered!and not very happy!

cov kids Nov 8th 2005 3:35 pm

Re: Had Medicals Today!

Originally Posted by MJELNC
Well where do i start?

The 12 and 10 yr old both had xrays as well.The 10 yr old will be 11 in 2 weeks so she had to have one as well,so it was more money. :mad:

For the 12 and 10 yr old as above but chest xrays(one for the ladies wear a plain cotton t shirt then you just have to remove your bra)and blood pressure taken.
Both hubby and i had all of the above with a breast exam for me and a exam for him.

my hubby has had op on his knee,emma has athsma,i have had a nasal polyp op they are all ok apart from
Then he asked us for a sample from chloe,well taking a sample from a 2 yr old is fun as you can imagine.
Anyway then he asked for £15 for the privelige of taking it.bloody cheek ,we already know that she has an infection.And then they will charge us for the follow up at the hospital.anyway we are in limbo at the mo as what to do.

Do we let the forms go and then have them come back wanting more info or do we pay out more money privately?

Hi Mate

Was thinking about you all today. At least its all over and done with now. When have you got to take chole back to have her check up?

Michaela
XX

SunshineGirl Nov 8th 2005 3:43 pm

I don't think the doctor will sign the forms off until he has all the info he needs. Ours didn't.

Had to get a copy of one piece of paper from hubby's doctor which cost £12 and took 2 weeks.

My doctor's receptionist told me my records were private and I should tell the Aus Government to stop being nosy :rolleyes: .

A quick, and straight to the point, word with my doctor and I got about 20 pieces of paper the next day for no charge at all.

The panel doc then rang and said he was happy with everything and off the forms went to Aus.

Four weeks later, we got our visas.

Good luck!

pazza Nov 8th 2005 3:43 pm

Well where do i start?

Hi,

I think £660 will be chicken feed when you's get to where you're going. You'll look back and think it's all been worth it..................hopefully !! :eek:

Angela Marie Nov 8th 2005 8:52 pm

Thanks for the info - been trying to establish for a couple of weeks exactly what is done and how much. Sorry you had a bad day, sure it will be worth it in a couple of weeks. :)

Jane and Russ Middleton Nov 9th 2005 8:51 am

So we are all shattered!and not very happy![/QUOTE]

Hi Jo,
Sounds as though u had an awful day :eek: I was under the understanding that kids under 11 don't need anything :confused: we are in process of booking ours now..... where did you go ... so I can avoid them !!!!
sending K 4u
Jane xx

MJELNC Nov 9th 2005 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton

Hi Jo,
Sounds as though u had an awful day :eek: I was under the understanding that kids under 11 don't need anything :confused: we are in process of booking ours now..... where did you go ... so I can avoid them !!!!
sending K 4u
Jane xx[/QUOTE]

Hi Jane,
We went to handsworth wood in birmingham.
Lauren had to have an xray because its her 11th birthday in two weeks time.
How are you getting on with the photos from the meet?
Thanks for the K

JO

Timber Floor Au Nov 9th 2005 11:17 am

Hi Jo,
sending K 4u
Jane xx

Hi Jane,
We went to handsworth wood in birmingham.
Lauren had to have an xray because its her 11th birthday in two weeks time.
How are you getting on with the photos from the meet?
Thanks for the K

JO[/QUOTE]

We had ours done at handsworth wood too.

Docs found blood in debs urine, and sent off for extra testing.

We told them we would wait for results and post them on to Oz if required.

They said nup we must wait for extra results to come back, and attach them in sealed folder. It did take 2-3 weeks.

We sent them off, and well we are here now. :) so its all good

billy0911 Nov 9th 2005 11:29 am

Hi
oh dear you seemed to have a hard time at the doc's when we went with our kids our youngest the doctor never really done much just weighed him and checked his height he did not ask for a sample our daughter aged 9 did not have to have a x-ray and the doctor for our medical was quite good with the five of us so i guess it just depends on the doctor

Billy

Timber Floor Au Nov 9th 2005 11:35 am

gday MJELNC

We are ex coventry too !

:) Steve n Debs

Bird Nov 9th 2005 7:00 pm

My partner and I have just had our medicals done at The Bridge in Maidenhead. The staff there were really friendly - copious amounts of tea and coffee which helped with the samples!!

Anyway the trip left a £400.00 hole in our bank account :eek:

kris maynard Nov 9th 2005 7:56 pm

We had ours done last Fri , Never had to get sample from our 4 year old maybe all docs are different,
Hubby had to have his wee retested as his showed blood in , this was done at our gps he just done a sample I dropped it at docs they tested it thanfully it was all clear they then faxed the results over (£10.50) all done!!
Cant believe he wanted sample from 2 year old!!

hope it all gets sorted

kris xx

MJELNC Nov 9th 2005 8:07 pm

Hi everyone,
thanks for all of the replies

I think we will just go to our own gp and ask him to do a follow up on her after she finishes her course of antibiotics and then forward it on to handsworth wood. :cool:
Then see where we go from there!

Jo

lacey21 Nov 9th 2005 8:54 pm

awww well done (for the wee sample lol)
good luck honey
hugs Lace x